Payroll Administrator - US
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
We are looking for a hands-on Payroll Manager to join our growing Finance Team. This role is responsible for leading and managing our company-wide payroll function and ensuring payroll is run accurately, timely and in compliance with all local regulatory requirements. You will also be responsible for directing and coordinating the implementation and administration of payroll policies, procedures, and regulations; and proactively working with the People Team to optimize the end-to-end payroll process. This role will report directly to the Controller with exposure to finance leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Lead end-to-end payroll processing and documentation for over 300 employees worldwide in various locations
- Manage payroll operations for all of our locations including but not limited to US, Estonia, Canada, and other countries
- Review semi-monthly and monthly payrolls for accuracy
- Lead the geographic expansion of payroll processing into new countries as the company rapidly expands its global footprint
- Develop a close working partnership with the People team to implement process improvements and optimize payroll processing
- Maintain policies and procedures including key internal control documentation
- Partner with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting of compensation expense
- Work with tax agencies and in-country payroll service providers to resolve tax issues
- 5+ years experience processing payroll
- Experience supporting an organization of 400+ employees across multiple states and countries
- Undergraduate Degree in Math, Accounting or similar Proficiency in Microsoft Office and payroll software (Justworks, Rise, Remote.com, Netsuite)
- Strong Knowledge of payroll processes and relevant legal regulations
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Experience in pre-IPO organizations series B - D
- Preferably located in EST or CST (or willing to work those hours)
- Knowledge of Canadian legal regulations
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs
Something looks off?