Conversational Product Designer
Our award-winning technology powers conversations with customers for some of the world’s largest enterprises. We believe that combining the human touch with technology is the best way to create amazing customer experiences. When human abilities such as problem-solving, creative thinking and relationship building are enhanced with technology... magical moments happen.
Glia’s award-winning virtual assistants conduct thousands of conversations everyday, serving banking customers and credit union members for their everyday banking needs. Conversations are the UI for virtual assistants, and you will be designing the conversational experience that the users will directly interact with. As part of the product design and implementation team, the conversational product designer uses our proprietary Conversation Management System (CMS) and tooling to deliver the best user experience to millions of people. You will have the unique opportunity to craft dialogue that impacts users' financial well-being and in the process, you'll learn more about conversational design principles, human-computer interaction, and the advancements made possible by the latest NLP technology. Your customer centric principles will help position Glia as the new standard in digital customer service.
What will you do:
- Research and design user-friendly and effective conversational journeys for banking customers in financial services.
- Holistically understand how Glia’s AI technologies work, and design the responses and flows to maximize the capabilities of the virtual assistants in end user interactions.
- Apply knowledge of conversation design principles & a champion of a customer-first approach.
- Apply your financial service or contact center experiences, to design domain relevant, use case specific, and scenario appropriate responses, use cases and features.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Data Science, Engineering, and Customer Success teams, to develop different versions of the out-of-the-box contents for the virtual assistant products.
- Become an expert of our proprietary content management system, provide training to the rest of the company and support customer training and onboard efforts when needed.
- From time to time, interact with customers, focus groups or user panels to conduct training, education or product presentations, gather feedback and participate in discussions.
- 4+ years of experience in a customer-facing communication, training or copy-writing role in the financial services contact center industry, with exposure to software design and implementation experiences.
- OR 2+ years of experience in a product, UI or UX design role in enterprise software in financial services industry,
- 1+ years of experience in creating interactions for virtual assistants (i.e. chatbots, voice assistants) or other relevant product areas.
- Bachelors' degree in English, UX, HCI, creative writing OR equivalent practical experience.
- Native-speaker level fluency in English
- Exceptional design writing and editing skills with a passion for innovation.
- Agile and lean mindset, ability to thrive in quick paced customer facing environments.
- Strong technical proficiency with the ability to effectively diagnose, troubleshoot, and assist in resolving software system issues.
- Interaction or UX Design expertise.
- Knowledge of how neural-network based NLP or LLM works.
- Familiarity with UX research principles and practices and how to use data to provide informed user insights.
- Native fluency in Spanish, in addition to English.
- Glia stock options and competitive salary
- Diversity: 18 languages and 15 countries represented.
- Professional development support (trainings, courses, conferences, books, etc)
- Transparent career development system
- Different options for your working preferences (office, remote, flexible)
- Access to all the latest tools and equipment you’ll need
- Sports compensation, reimbursement for therapy, counseling sessions
- Team events: annual employee awards, internal hackathons, and a dozen cool events from cooking to the Glia olympic games :)
- Generous referral bonuses
*Glia is an equal opportunity employer. Glia does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law.
*Want to know more about working at Glia? Check our Glia's Career FAQs
Something looks off?