Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses of any size close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
As focused as we are on creating unique, category-defining products, we are also building a distinct and inclusive culture. We’re a diverse and dynamic team seeking the best and brightest talent to help us achieve our company goals, and to continue to build on our award winning culture.
About the role:
Do you want an exciting career in one of the fastest growing companies in the FinTech industry, and to be part of an innovative, entrepreneurial team that disrupts the financial and business services space? If you’ve answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for an experienced finance professional with a proven track record of crafting accurate and complex financial models, a strong drive for accuracy in reporting and analysis, and a curiosity for improving processes. This position will report to the VP, FP&A and have responsibility for supporting all parts of our budgeting process, management reporting, as well as ad-hoc reporting and analysis functions.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for corporate planning and forecasting models to support strategic planning, reporting and provision of advice and insight to the business leaders
- Support with building structure around budgeting process to drive P&L alignment and accountability with all functions
- Assist in Analyzing and investigating P&L performance and variances between plan/forecast and actual results
- Understand the operating and economic environment and take into account the business outlook
- Assist the Product Department in structuring and the economics of new or existing products and merchant partnership relationships
- Provide decision support, financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-making around strategic business initiatives; act as a key finance business partner to leaders across the organization
- Assisting with the preparation of Board reporting packages as well as Investor and Lender decks
- Identify opportunities to drive revenue, optimize margins, and reduce costs
- Communicate results to business leads and operational teams
- Support M&A or other corporate activities
- Prepare various ad hoc analysis and projects to assist with the management of the business.