Collections Specialist, Bilingual (ENG/FR) Hybrid
Who we are:
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase.
We are small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role:
This role is responsible for resolving outstanding accounts from existing customers, resolving billing problems and reducing delinquencies.
What you'll do:
- Confirm the right party is reached to facilitate credit recovery discussions.
- Negotiate payment terms and methods which often requires reviewing account information, and/or asking probing questions in order to better understand potential objections to payment.
- Overcome stalls and objections by suggesting solutions for debt payment.
- Utilize payment options (credit cards, direct cheques) and secure information to allow administrative services to process.
- Negotiate settlements outside of normal guidelines, authorize credit bureaus deletions, negotiate payment arrangements over a longer span of time than normal and close accounts within certain guidelines.
- Advise management regarding collection strategy effectiveness for various portfolios when required.
- Help resolve higher level disputes when required.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in customer service.
- Knowledge and experience in Collections with reference to third party collections and legal recovery preferred.
- Advanced Proficiency in Speaking, Reading and Writing French.
- Critical thinking skills with the ability to make sound decisions.
- Strong negotiating and conflict management skills with the ability to problem solve effectively.
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Results oriented, proactively seeks solutions and takes actions.
- Availability to work one Saturday/month.
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Base pay + Performance Bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.