Who we are
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase.
We are small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
We are seeking a skilled and detail-oriented Data Engineer to join our team. As a Data Engineer, you will play a crucial role in bringing the most up to date and high quality data to other teams such as risk, finance and BI. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and executing data pipelines, as well as improving our data warehouse and related architecture.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with finance and product managers to understand data requirements, business rules and transformations.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to define and enforce data quality standards, best practices, and data governance policies.
- Investigate and troubleshoot data-related issues, identify root causes, and propose effective solutions and preventive measures.
- Develop and maintain data and automation scripts to streamline data testing processes and improve efficiency.
- Participate in data migration projects, ensuring data quality and integrity during the migration process.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, advancements in data quality tools, and emerging technologies related to data engineering
- Contribute to process improvements, documentation, and knowledge sharing within the data team.
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience building data pipelines
- Passionate about the data space and automation
- Willingness to learn new technologies and technical skills
- Follow and manage best practices and standards for data quality, scalability, reliability, and reusability.
- Familiarity with dbt (data build tool), data warehouses, Looker, Airflow
- Good working knowledge of agile delivery techniques
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options, as well as a hybrid working allowance
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.