Collections Specialist, Bilingual (French), Remote
Who we are:
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase.
We are small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a seasoned Bilingual Collections Specialist (English/French) to join our team. This role is responsible for resolving outstanding accounts from existing customers, resolving billing problems and reducing delinquencies.
We are committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options.
What you'll do:
- Negotiate payment of debts in accordance with client and company guidelines
- Reduce aging and balance delinquencies
- Conduct skip tracing
- Coordinate outbound collection letters
- Suggest improvements on operational processes and establish best practices
- Produce reports, analyze data, identify trends, and provide recommendations
- Identify and escalate risks as well as potential fraud
- Update and document collection files with detailed information from clients, customers, agencies, and maintain professional communications
- Support the collections team and management on all objectives
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a proven collections expert in a banking or agency setting
- Bilingualism in English and French is required
- Strong understanding of consumer credit (secured and unsecured)
- Proven track record of curing difficult accounts
- Excellent collections, skip tracing, and negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills and de-escalation abilities
- Thorough understanding of all privacy and collection laws
- Repossession and PPSA experience is an asset
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PPT, Google solutions – Chrome, Docs, Mail, Calendar, etc.
- Salesforce experience considered an asset
- Availability to work evening shifts (until 9pm), and on Saturdays on a rotating schedule
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?