Back End Engineer (Software Developer) Ruby on Rails
Who we are
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase.
We are small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role
Our Development team is searching for a Back End Engineer (Software Developer) to join the Financeit team and to help our company in pursuit of our vision and goals! If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing fintech company where your development work will make a difference, you’ve found the right place!
We are looking for developers who value continuous learning and development, collaboration with the team, and of course the quality of their code. Ideally, you also have experience with our core technologies including Ruby on Rails (RoR).
Click here to learn more about our Software Development team: https://www.financeit.io/learn-more-about-the-tech...
- Designing and writing clean, testable, and maintainable code
- Delivering new features, fixing defects, and improving the existing codebase
- Working closely with other Developers, Product Managers, Designers, Testers and Business Stakeholders to understand and gather requirements
- 1-3 years of experience as a back end developer with Ruby on Rails (RoR)
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch, Redis, RDBMS/SQL, or other persistence technologies
- Knowledge of CI / CD systems will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with developing for cloud (AWS / Azure / Google) will be considered an asset
- Curiosity and excitement about technology and continuous learning and development
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Desire to deliver work in an agile environment
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Committed to flexible work arrangements, offering fully remote and hybrid workplace options
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?