Project Manager, Lending Operations (Temporary role/Mat. leave)
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses of any size close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase. Financeit is small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role:
The (Business) Project Manager, Lending Operations will primarily be responsible for leading the planning, execution and oversight of major business strategic initiatives within the lending and credit operations division of Financeit. This role will have exposure across multiple business units and will work cross-functionally with teams to ensure successful project delivery and will help with ensuring tactical day to day operations are running smoothly.
The successful candidate will have a strong track record of delivering successful business projects in a collaborative environment, as well as extensive experience and passion for project leadership, strategic development, analytics, project management, and reporting within the Financial Services industry.
>>This is a temporary role for 12 months starting asap.
What you’ll do:
- Provide leadership and support in the strategic planning process to ensure that project delivery meets the business case objectives of scope, budget, timeline, and quality
- Collaborate with business units to build consensus on strategic initiatives and identify interdependencies, risks, resourcing, and timing as it relates to lending and credit operations.
- Help to oversee lending division’s KPIs and leverage KPI’s to deliver results as needed
- Establish project KPIs and help deliver value from project through consistent quality, structure and clarity of all project deliverables and report results back to the SVP of Operations
- Develop and execute on the cross-functional plan including establishing governance, reporting, communication and change management for strategic initiatives within the lending department
- Drive successful project outcomes and ensure that all strategic initiatives align with the organization's vision and goals
- Monitor and report on project progress to the SVP of Operations, highlighting potential risks or roadblocks that may impact project delivery
- Coordinate continuous improvement through ongoing review, optimization, integration and enhancement of operational policies, procedures and systems
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 6+ years of experience in Project Management
- Minimum of 3 years' practical experience in the Financial Services industry
- Working knowledge of personal credit lending practices is preferred
- Extensive experience with business project management such as launching a new product, improving customer experience, or implementing a new business process ideally in the Financial Services Industry
- Experience leading projects with a Client First Vision
- High attention to detail, strong analytical focus & problem-solving skills
- Strategic thinking, strong leadership and project management skills to establish project objectives, build work plans and deliver results
- Experience developing and delivering executive level presentations
- A self-starter who thrives working in ambiguous situations and a fast-paced work environment
- Knowledge of operational risk, and risk management principles is an asset
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Committed to flexible work arrangements
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is committed to creating an inclusive employee experience for all FIT team members. We firmly believe that our work isn't at its best unless all of our employees, regardless of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or disability have equal opportunities to do great work.
Something looks off?