Senior IT Support Specialist
Who we are:
Financeit is a point-of-sale financing provider serving some of the largest home improvement and retail organizations in Canada.
Our platform helps businesses close more sales by offering customers affordable monthly payment options for their next big home improvement, vehicle or retail purchase.
We are small enough that you can make an impact within the company and large enough to make an impact in the market.
Financeit is a company where collaboration, inclusivity, fairness, and respect aren’t just ideas that get talked about, but are part of who we are. If such a workplace intrigues you, we hope you’ll join us.
About the role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic IT generalist that has a broad set of technical skills to help our IT team support its internal users.
The successful candidate is a personable team player with a positive attitude, great attention to detail, strong communication, and presentation skills. They must multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced start-up-like environment and hold themselves accountable for results. They will also be expected to manage their time effectively, and responsibly.
This position will report directly to the Information Technology Manager and will work closely with everyone in the Financeit IT team. This is an in-person position that will require physical presence at the office on a daily basis according to the work schedule.
What you'll do:
- Process and respond to service requests and keep users informed about their incidents status at agreed intervals
- Help maintain inventory records of equipment
- Respond to and investigate systems and security alerts
- Provisioning and Deprovisioning end-user hardware
- SaaS User Account Administration
- Improve liaison between different teams i.e Ops/Sales/Tech
- Monitor the Local Area Network which includes Internet Connectivity
- Monitor and help maintain the VoIP Telephone Systems (i.e. AWS Connect, RingCentral)
- Minimum 6 years experience in an IT support or related role in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Security Certifications such as ISC2 SSCP are good to have and preferable
- Microsoft Certified Professional Certification or any other network certifications such as Network+ and CCNP, an advantage
- Good working knowledge on Networking technologies (VLANs, IP Addressing/Subnetting, Firewalls)
- Expert-level Knowledge on Windows and Mac Client Operating Systems
- Good Working knowledge on Windows Active Directory
- Must be energetic and have high attention to details
- Must be willing to work on shifting schedules and on-call duties
- Must be able to commute to the office everyday. We are located at 8 Spadina Avenue, Toronto
Winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture in 2018 and 2021, we offer more than just the basics. Take advantage of:
- An award-winning culture with a collaborative & inclusive team
- Competitive pay and performance based bonus
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage + Lifestyle Account
- RRSP Matching and Parental Leave Top Up Program
- Weekly virtual yoga classes, meditation & workout sessions
- Virtual events such as Lunch & Learns, company parties, fun team activities and charity initiatives
- Career learning and development programs
If what you just read excites you, we’d like to hear from you! Please submit your application and we’ll contact you if you become selected for a phone interview.
Financeit is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Something looks off?