Protocol Opportunities Lead
Figment is the world’s leading provider of blockchain infrastructure. We provide the most comprehensive staking solution for our over 200+ institutional clients including exchanges, wallets, foundations, custodians, and large token holders to earn rewards on their crypto assets. These clients rely on Figment’s institutional staking service including rewards optimization, rapid API development, rewards reporting, partner integrations, governance, and slashing protection. Figment is backed by industry experts, financial institutions and our global team across twenty three countries. This all leads to our mission to support the adoption, growth and long term success of the Web3 ecosystem.
We are a growth stage technology company – looking for people who are builders and doers. People who are comfortable plotting their course through ambiguity and uncertainty to drive impact and who are excited to work in new ways and empower a generative company culture.
About the Role
We are seeking a Protocol Opportunities Lead to help support and grow our staking business division. Candidates should have a deep knowledge of Web 3 and a desire to go even further down the Web 3 rabbithole. This is a cross-functional role which includes business strategy, protocol analysis, relationship management, and ecosystem participation. This is a full-time remote-first position.
The Protocol Opportunities Lead will be responsible for identifying, analyzing, and submitting new protocol opportunities, as well as monitoring protocol changes and updates that impact Figment and its customers. Opportunities can include but are not limited to, new Proof of Stake networks, staking pools, Layer 2s, and middleware networks that receive a high conviction score. As a fast-growing startup company, it's critical that you are comfortable working in an unstructured environment, dealing with uncertainty, minimal direction, and working across a range of projects and functional areas.
- Identify and perform due diligence on upcoming protocol opportunities and build thoughtful relationships with upcoming protocol founders.
- Perform cost-benefit analysis on supported networks.
- Maintain frameworks and processes for identifying and approving new protocol opportunities.
- Work closely with the DevOps, Sales, Operations, Marketing and CS teams on opportunity prioritization, delegation, governance changes, token airdrops and protocol updates
- Conduct research on Web 3 topics like interoperability, modularity, zero-knowledge, and shared security.
- Create opportunity, protocol marketing collateral, and portfolio reports for internal teams at Figment.
- Engage with Web 3 communities in external channels and at conferences and events.
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability of operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Personable and comfortable communicating with others across teams and platforms on a regular basis - high EQ.
- Possessing 2-5 years in a similar role within the tech industry or startup environment.
- Demonstrable blockchain knowledge with high energy, interest, and desire to go deeper down the Web 3 rabbithole.
- Currently active on crypto Twitter or has the desire to build a reputation on Twitter.
- Published articles, blogs, content on relevant subject matter, or a demonstrable desire to do so.
- Organized with an emphasis on documentation and knowledge transfer.
At Figment, we believe in fostering a fun and professional work environment where our employees can thrive and grow. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as opportunities for career advancement. If you have a passion for blockchain technology and are ready to take your career to the next level, apply now!
Figment is a remote-first company operating with a global footprint across 23 countries. Are you interested in helping us build the future of digital assets?