Staff iOS Developer
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Our mobile apps are crucial to our vision: Empowering entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. We want to empower entrepreneurs to run their business from their pocket through a world class mobile app.
We care about stunning design, great UX, and good engineering practices -- we love to write software that is secure, tested, easy to maintain, responsive, and performant. We build minimum viable products, deploy to production weekly, A/B test customer-facing changes, listen to the data, and iterate.
We are looking for a Staff Developer to help lead our mobile platform team, which powers our build system, core architecture, and the feature infrastructure that enables our product teams to iterate quickly with high quality.
As a Staff iOS Developer, you’ll collaborate with us to:
- Lay the necessary foundations for infrastructure, developer velocity, team processes, design systems and other elements of the product development process with a long-term perspective.
- Improve developer velocity and drive the future of our mobile tech stack
- Help scale the entire mobile engineering team’s processes and systems.
- Coach and mentor mobile engineers in a fast paced & hyper growth environment.
- Raise the bar on the quality of our mobile apps through broad testability strategies.
- Drive our technical strategy around unified architecture and exploration into Kotlin Multi-platform
We're excited about you because you have:
- 6+ years of iOS experience having worked on multiple apps shipped to the app store
- Experience shipping and maintaining a mobile app over an extended period of time - working with mobile apps at scale or having helped apps scale to millions of users is a plus!
- Excellent communication and ability to thrive in a fast-moving environment, effectively operating in ambiguity and creating alignment across multiple teams
- A passion for user experience and contributing to product strategy with the ability to take both systems and product considerations into your decisions
- A passion for programming alongside strong problem solving and architecture abilities
- A love for technology, and an insatiable curiosity for new tools to solve real problems
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience
- A high bar for engineering excellence
- Curiosity to drive engineering impact outside of the iOS tech stack
- Experience collaborating closely with Android developers - KMP experience is a plus
Technologies we use and teach:
- Swift, SwiftUI
- Kotlin Multi-platform
- UIKit, XCTest, Swinject, APNs
- Diffable Data Sources, UICollectionViewCompositionalLayout, Combine
- Protocol Buffers
Canada: the pay range for this role is $164,000-$225,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Applications for this position will be accepted for a minimum of 30 days from the posting date.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)