Lead Product Designer
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
Faire is a company invested in good design—as a Product Designer, you’ll join a tight-knit, collaborative team of designers who care deeply about creating beautiful and intuitive experiences. Our team is at the center of product work at Faire, designing experiences for the thousands of small retailers and maker brands growing their businesses in our marketplace.
In this role, you’ll help shape Faire’s product, working with team members across content strategy, design research, engineering, product, and customer service. You'll embed in a product team and focus on designing features and experiences for a strategic pillar of our product. As a design lead, you'll strive to understand our customers’ challenges and craft flows that help people move through our products with confidence.
We’re looking for team members that excel across the entire product development lifecycle, come with a growth mindset, and bring a genuine desire to learn about our customers.
We're looking for candidates open to working in San Francisco, CA, Los Angeles, CA, New York City, NY, Atlanta, GA, Toronto, ON, Kitchener, ON or remotely.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with partners across product and engineering to define, build, and release new products and features.
- Construct user flows, wireframes, and prototypes that effectively communicate design concepts for validation.
- Develop and deliver well-documented, high-fidelity visuals that accurately represent Faire’s brand and design system standards.
- Participate in and/or lead user interviews and research to better understand customer needs.
- Contribute strategic thinking to product features and roadmap.
- Mentor and guide team members, helping them develop and grow.
- Contribute to and positively shape the design team’s culture through collaboration, feedback, and process iteration.
- 5+ years of experience designing digital products, from systems to visuals. You have a breadth of knowledge of what goes into product design, from systems to visuals.
- Great communication skills. You present design decisions and processes clearly and confidently, regardless of audience.
- A collaborative approach. You’re a great partner to other designers and your cross-functional teammates.
- A growth-mindset. You’re open and receptive to feedback, and can adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- A sense of humor. We spend a lot of time together—sharing gifs and laughing over lunch keeps us energized and inspired throughout the day.
We value candidates that bring a range of experience from different industries and a variety of creative influences. If you’re a maker or retailer yourself and can bring first-hand experience and empathy for the small business and entrepreneurial journey - tell us your story!
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $167,000 - $230,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $125,000 - $172,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)