HR Business Partner
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for an exceptional HR Business Partner to join our People team and support our Operations and Corporate (G&A) teams. In this role, you will partner closely with our individual contributors, managers and senior leaders on a variety of people related topics, including employee relations, performance, and engagement - just to name a few! You will also have a deep focus on org health, key metrics, and organizational design and support individual contributors and managers on people related topics. The ideal candidate has experience in executing across various HR areas and exhibits patience, critical thinking, and high emotional intelligence.
What you’ll do
- Provide coaching to front line managers on topics covering the employee life cycle; leverage data, existing Faire policies and your own business/HR acumen to ensure fairness and consistency in decision making
- Make data driven recommendations to HRBPs and managers to drive employee engagement and retention across key partner teams
- Act as the HR partner directly for senior leaders to develop and execute both a short- and long-term People strategy that directly supports and enables the business' objectives.
- Coach and develop all levels within partner teams, from ICs and front line managers to leaders.
- Support managers and leaders on performance management topics, while balancing legal requirements with business needs
- Build credibility and trust among employees. Resolve employee concerns through compassion, a systematic approach, clear documentation and follow-through.
- Partner with the broader People team to ensure high quality implementation of critical HR operating rhythms such as performance management and compensation planning, leveraging resources as appropriate.
- Partner with business leaders to implement the most effective and optimized organizational structures, with an eye for longer-term growth and stability.
- Develop and drive strategies to attract, develop, engage and retain strong and diverse talent.
- 8+ years experience in a dedicated HR focused role; prior experience in an HRBP-oriented role is strongly preferred
- Deep understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Craft and implement creative and progressive talent strategies tailored to your client groups, addressing retention and development needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and being a part of deeply complex strategy discussions.
- Analytically driven; you utilize qualitative and quantitative approaches to problem solving and root cause analysis.
- Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and flexibility to be proactive in a fast-paced, ever changing environment. Proficiency in making timely, effective, ethics-based decisions.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Unquestioned integrity; resolve, presence, and sureness
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $124,000 to 170,500
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $111,500 to 153,500
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?