BPO/Vendor Operations Manager
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
As Faire’s global footprint grows dramatically, we’re looking for a Vendor Operations Manager
who will help us scale our vendor partnerships within the Brand Operations team. The Brand
Operations team drives the supply side of Faire, enabling brands to join the platform quickly and
efficiently. This person will define our vendor partnership strategy (BPOs), manage vendors
across global locations, support channels and business stakeholders, and drive performance
across our partners. In this role, you will ensure our BPO partners are set up for success and that
their quality of service meets Faire expectations including speed, quality, and other key business
As the Vendor Operations Manager, you will also be responsible for managing the initial
enablement/training for our partners, outlining processes and working closely with both the BPO
and internal teams, and assisting with BPO headcount and capacity modeling to ensure a
seamless and efficient operation. You will also lead negotiations and relationship management as
we expand the scope of our service offerings.
What you’ll do
● Develop and own Faire’s vendor partner strategy for Brand Operations
● Have direct responsibility for the results of BPO operations, working closely with external
partners and internal operational teams
● Perform weekly key performance calibration with vendor partners to ensure vendor’s high
level execution to contracts
● Serve as the front line, go-to resource for BPO workstreams, while providing regular
reporting on performance through business reviews
● Establish, recommend, and deploy infrastructure improvements for internal and BPO
teams globally, including tools, processes and IT security
● Work cross-functionally to identify areas of opportunity for Faire to improve its business
by understanding customer needs
● Partner with training and enablement to reinforce compliance with new launches,
processes, and policies
● Assist with all BPO headcount related matters including capacity management, cost
tracking and managing cost targets for new lines of business
● Execute quality monitoring programs that result in measurable behavioral changes in
● Source new vendor partners, offerings, and expand existing scope of service, while
leading negotiations and relationship management for vendor contracts
● 3+ years of experience in vendor operations, specifically managing BPO relationships
● Excellent written and verbal communicator
● Ability to operate effectively under pressure and deliver results
● Ability to use data to inform key decision making and monitor team performance
● Ability to balance competing priorities with proven record of delivering results
● Experience with operational efficiency and quality improvement initiatives
● Experience within a fast-paced environment
● Experience with on-site operations as well as managing remotely
● Relevant global vendor management experience
● Experience with business analysis and proficiency in Excel and SQL
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $125,000 to $172,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $113,000 to $155,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?