Chief of Staff to the CFO
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to the CFO in our San Francisco, CA location. In this role, you will be the right-hand person and a trusted thought leader to the CFO of Faire. The Chief of Staff will have an impact on the efficiency and productivity of the company, streamlining business initiatives, driving program management, and communicating cross-functional objectives.
Key responsibilities will include coordination of all work-streams related to Faire’s financial performance. These include internal cross-functional strategic priorities for the CFO across the finance, accounting, tax, legal, corporate development, and business development teams. The Chief of Staff will also be responsible for effectively conveying those priorities to key internal and external constituents.
This is a tremendous opportunity to develop into a future leader, equipped with the learnings and experience to have an enormous impact after this role. This role will not only have a significant influence on the direction of our organization, it will have a positive impact on our community of creators and small businesses.
What you’ll do
- Up-level synthesis of financial information to produce insightful and timely materials to educate and inform the Core team, Leads, and the board of directors
- Develop and execute improved operational systems related to financial outputs to supplement existing forums
- Spearhead special projects across finance, accounting, business development, corporate development, tax, and legal teams
- Explore and implement process improvements including automation, software, and cross-functional collaboration to streamline key finance and accounting priorities
- Serve as an advisor and trusted confidant for the CFO, building trust with their team of senior leaders and leaders across the organization to be able to lead through influence
- Guide effective change management during organizational or business transformation
- Develop into a future leader, equipped with the learnings and experience to have an enormous impact after this role
- 5+ years of experience, typically in finance (including investment banking, private equity, or venture capital), business operations or product management at a startup or growth business
- Strong execution and experience managing multiple work-streams with precise attention to detail
- Highly analytical and metrics-focused -- you can execute on complex analyses, define KPIs, size opportunity areas, and measure and report on performance across the business
- You can think across multiple dimensions of a business and work cross-functionally to deliver results
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic, and operational aspects of the job
- Resourceful and happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with focus on crisp, concise, and effective communication
- Proven project management skills to effectively coordinate projects with ambiguous scope
- Strong collaboration experience and ability to find win/win situations
California: the pay range for this role is $147,000 to $220,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?