Senior Lead, Risk Strategy & Operations
Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future is local — independent retailers around the globe are doing more revenue than Walmart and Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of tech, data, and machine learning to connect this thriving community of entrepreneurs across the globe. Picture your favorite boutique in town — we help them discover the best products from around the world to sell in their stores. With the right tools and insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses everywhere can compete with these big box and e-commerce giants.
By supporting the growth of independent businesses, Faire is driving positive economic impact in local communities, globally. We’re looking for smart, resourceful and passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
We’re looking for a Senior Lead, Risk Strategy & Operations to drive critical initiatives across Risk functions - including Verifications, Underwriting, Fraud and Recovery.
As a member of the Risk Ops leadership team, you will drive strategic, analytical, and operational projects and implement processes and programs with the goal of protecting our community of brands and retailers. You will work closely with Risk team leads and other cross-functional leaders to ensure we employ world-class risk management, allowing our business to innovate and offer products that deliver an exceptional customer experience for our brands and retailers, alike.
This is an ideal role for someone who wants to work as a high-impact individual contributor within a functional area and have the opportunity to lead projects from strategy to execution, to ongoing implementation and iteration.
What you’ll do
- Lead development of Risk strategy and planning, which will increase operational efficiency and reduce exposure to fraud and defaults
- Drive strategic, analytical and operational projects and be responsible for the execution, monitoring & ongoing implementation of scalable operational programs and processes
- Develop and refine policy for programs with significant customer and business impact
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and strategy to ensure success of team and joint company goals
- Own performance management processes including building dashboards, monitoring, diagnosing, and reporting out on key trends across Risk
- Drive resolution actions for highly sensitive Risk cases; ensure we learn from these and operationalize changes as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree and 7-10 years of experience in strategy and operations roles at high-growth companies; some background in management consulting, investment banking or private equity preferred but not required
- Experience in fast-paced, ambiguous environments driving projects from strategy through implementation; happy to roll up your sleeves to get any job done
- Highly analytical and data driven -- can drive complex analyses and translate into key actionable insights; can manage projects to KPIs and metrics
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Data Science, Product, Engineering, Sales, and other Operations teams to achieve business objectives
- Experience developing processes and policy + managing programs/projects
- A passion for Risk teams, programs and policy; past experience preferred not but required
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Ability to flex between analytical, strategic and operational aspects of the job
- Knowledge of SQL preferred
Faire’s flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they work–whether that’s mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.
Why you’ll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling and our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business and taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology and data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation and machine learning to connect brands and boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of more than 350,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious and resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, and develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity and data in our decision making, and reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product and engineering leads from Square. We’re backed by some of the top investors in retail and tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, and DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco and Kitchener-Waterloo, and a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London, New York, LA, and Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire and our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Faire is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please fill out our Accommodation Request Form (https://bit.ly/faire-form)
Something looks off?