The best digital teams work with Fable to make products more accessible for over 1 billion people who live with disabilities. Some of our amazing clients include Walmart, Slack, Shopify, and more. Fable ranked #3 on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Startups Canada list and Fast Company’s 2023 Most Innovative Companies in Design list.
About the role
As a Self-Guided Facilitator at Fable, your role is central to ensuring the seamless execution of self-guided tasks on our platform and supporting across the daily and long-term operations of our Community team and community of testers.
When facilitating self-guideds, you will be tasked with scheduling, facilitating, monitoring, and trimming video sessions with Fable’s community of assistive technology users. Unmoderated sessions (known as self-guided tasks) are a crucial type of research request within Fable where testers independently evaluate essential functions within digital products via video recording. You will attend, view, and record unmoderated video sessions while also ensuring that testers are set up for success.
When not in self-guided sessions, your role will entail proactive support for the Community team's operational aspects, which includes supporting on daily admin functions, monitoring platform requests, aiding with tester setup, supporting our recruitment efforts, and stepping in wherever needed.
For this role, we are open to applicants who are located in Canada and able to work within EST (or close). If you believe that you match the majority of this job description, we highly encourage you to apply!
1. Manage Self-Guided Tasks: Take ownership of self-guided tasks within the Fable platform. This includes:
- Reviewing task descriptions and ensuring clarity.
- Overseeing task flow steps to guarantee accuracy and efficiency.
- Scheduling task requests efficiently.
- Uploading recordings promptly.
- Marking tasks as complete and ensuring they meet our quality standards.
- Proactively ask for help or intervention when needed and escalate them to the Community Operations Manager.
2. Supporting the Internal Community Team:
- Offer essential administrative support and documentation aid to the Community team to enhance operational efficiency.
- You can work across various aspects of the Community team and aid where needed.
- Reviewing written tester feedback across the Fable platform.
- Work closely with the Community Management team to devise and implement scalable, innovative processes that contribute to our growth.
- Prepare engaging presentation decks for town halls, training sessions, and other events, as needed, to promote effective communication within the organization.
3. Tester and Training Support: Act as a mentor and guide for our testers, helping them navigate and excel in self-guided tasks on Fable's platform:
- Supplying valuable insights and best practices to testers.
- Aiding in onboarding new testers, ensuring they become proficient in executing tasks effectively.
4. Ensuring Platform & Process Efficiency:
- Support the coordination of special projects and initiatives related to the Fable community, contributing to its growth and success.
- Maintain open and effective communication channels between Community team members and other Fable teams to foster collaboration and alignment.
- Review and confirm customer requests that are given through Fable Engage.
- Prioritize requests that are nearing their Service Level Agreement (SLA) deadlines to ensure they are completed on time.
- Aid in revising and improving requests that require corrections or clarifications.
- Be responsible for ensuring data hygiene within Fable systems concerning tester data.
- Promote effective communication within the organization.
Key qualifications and assets
- Minimum 2 years of work experience.
- Strong in written communication: Fable is a remote first company and we rely heavily on communicating through channels and through written documentation. You must be able to communicate clearly and concisely across a variety of mediums.
- Digital literacy: Proficiency in troubleshooting across various operating systems, devices, tools and platforms including VPNs, Mac and PC (Personal Computers), iOS, and Android, etc. (or willing to learn).
- Comfortable working in: Microsoft Office Suite, Zoom or other screen sharing platforms.
You must be
- Professional: You actively listen, communicate, and collaborate with internal stakeholders with clarity, empathy, and respect.
- Organized: You can balance many tasks at once and actively communicate conflicts or issues.
- Compassionate and warm: You can be open and personable so that you can set a positive tone.
- Tech savvy: You can problem solve tech issues by understanding different technologies and systems.
- Passionate: Be interested and curious about assistive technology and accessibility.
Nice to haves
- Facilitation experience (remote or in person).
- An understanding of assistive technologies (such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, ZoomText, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, Headmouse, etc.)
What's in it for you?
At Fable, you'll join a vibrant and rapid growth environment where you'll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, socially driven, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, health/dental benefits, and more.
Fable is an inclusive workplace. If you are facing any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the subject line “Accessibility accommodation for Self-Guided Facilitator job application.”
$60,000 CAD - $70,000 CAD - this is a range and is subject to change, depending on experience and role fit. Please take this as a general range.