Head of Customer Experience (CX)
The best digital teams work with Fable to make products more accessible for over 1billion people who live with disabilities. Some of our amazing clients include Walmart,Slack, Shopify, and more. Fable ranked #3 on the 2022 LinkedIn Top Startups Canadalist and Fast Company’s 2023 Most Innovative Companies in Design list.
About the role
Fable is seeking a creative and exceptional Head of Customer Experience to join our team. As Head of CX, you will be responsible for helping enterprises scale their accessibility practice by using Fable’s range of subscription products and managed services. Your role will involve driving key metrics and strategies, influencing the Go-To-Market (GTM) approach and Product development direction through customer insights, all while guiding a dynamic and progressively expanding Customer Experience team.
About the CX team
Fable’s Customer Experience team consists of around ten members. It includes a post-sales team of Customer Success Managers (CSMs), Customer Engagement Specialists managing onboarding and support, and enablement specialists. In this role, you will also take over managing our Managed Services department that consists of five team members.
The responsibilities of this role are in three key areas:
- Building world class customer experience for enterprise customers
- Scaling the customer experience function
- Supporting and growing a high-performing team
Providing world class customer experience to enterprise customers
- Act as the voice of the customer across the business, leveraging customer insights and feedback to influence GTM and Product strategies. By closely collaborating with cross-functional teams, you will help shape our product to better meet customer needs, ultimately driving growth and customer loyalty.
- Contribute to the overall vision and strategy of the CX organization taking on the ownership for the Customer Journey.
- Develop scalable strategies for the retention and growth of Customers, conduct long-term forecasting exercises.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, becoming a trusted advisor for customer accounts.
- Demonstrate a hands-on approach, being willing to dive into customer issues and provide hands-on support when needed.
- Partner with Head of Sales in managing renewals and expansion strategy to maximize our retention rates, our upsell and cross sell, and – ultimately – the reach of Fable’s mission in the world. Obsess over churn, upsell, net negative churn and expansion MRR.
- Bring a scientific mindset to our customer base to segment Customers for greatest efficiency and to allow capacity planning for our team as they scale.
- Provide operational oversight of the business to deliver on targets and goals.
- Continuously stay updated on industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies in Accessibility, Research and Product-development.
Scaling the customer experience function
- Lead our Customer Success function alongside our Senior Manager Customer Success, to provide world class, white glove service that centers around customer success criteria and business objectives.
- Analyze churn deeply on a regular cadence and influence go-to-market and product decisions based on your understanding of customer needs.
- Lead and scale the Customer Support function to ensure that Customers are getting quality responses, support and guidance. Pattern spot amongst Support trends to drive forward problems that can be addressed systemically through education, training, or product.
- Plan and prepare for future needs of CX org as Fable scales and appropriately scale the team, influence long-term modeling on team growth and play an active role of forecasting expansion opportunities.
Growing a high-performing team
- Hire, train and mentor all staff within Customer Experience to the highest standards to ensure business goals are delivered.
- Oversee compensation for the CX org, including variable pay structures and other incentives.
- Take a proactive approach to development; identify opportunities for growth, improvement, and enhancement.
- Foster collaboration across all teams at Fable since CX touches all of us.
- Fostering a culture of challenger-sales.
- 4+ years leading a CX/ CS function across Mid-Market and Enterprise segments
- 6+ years in SaaS or early stage start up
- Intermediate level skills in excel and at least one CRM (e.g. Hubspot)
- Enterprise segment expertise with high-touch engagement model
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management including multithreaded Enterprise relationships
- Experience implementing change management strategies to enhance speed of success towards customer outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in a consulting or services heavy CX environment
- A deep and demonstrated understanding of Customer Success methodologies, processes, workflows and optimization
- Excellent business acumen; proven ability to think strategically about business, customer experience, and technical challenges; an entrepreneurial approach to finding new growth levers for the business
- Outstanding leadership presence, presentation, and negotiation skills; the ability to inspire, engage, partner with, and influence senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to grow, manage and support a team at a high growth, early stage start up
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Bonus: Experience working with customer personas such as Design, Research or Product
You must be:
- A clear communicator able to distill complex ideas into simple statements
- A passionate leader who views EX as important as CX
- A coach who can adapt to each team member’s unique experience, needs and goals to provide to them a profound opportunity for professional development
- Interested in the balance between qualitative and quantitative measures for Support
What's in it for you?
- We have a proven product that’s adding value to the biggest and most innovative companies in the world such as Walmart, Microsoft, Figma, Spotify, and more
- You'll get to make and drive significant decisions that impact the business and interact with Leadership, our board, our investors, and our mentors.
- You'll get a chance to be a part of an amazing team of people who are some of the smartest, most passionate, empathetic, and ambitious people you'll ever meet.
- You'll get to build a strategy, own a department, and grow our amazing CX team.
- You'll get to make a real, lasting difference in the world by improving digital inclusion
- Compensation: $160k - $180k salary, bonus, equity, benefits.
At Fable, you'll join a vibrant and rapid growth environment where you'll work with individuals who share the same values of being passionate, socially driven, inclusive, collaborative, and respectful. We offer great benefits such as stock options, career progression, professional development, health/dental benefits, and more.
Fable is an inclusive workplace. If you are facing any accessibility requirements or concerns regarding the hiring process or employment with us, please fill out this form or email us at email@example.com and include the subject line “Accessibility accommodation for Spontaneous Application".