Head of Marketing
Marketing & Communications
Toronto, ON, Canada · Remote · Ontario, Canada · Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
At Expiration Reminder, marketing is about understanding people — and building awareness about how our products/services can satisfy their needs. We’re looking for an experienced and versatile marketing manager who is hungry to do this and more. Our ideal candidate has experience developing and executing marketing campaigns while managing and inspiring a team. He/she will be comfortable with day-to-day marketing activities, as well as long-term strategy, thriving with tight deadlines and changing needs. If you are a people-person who loves the rewarding challenge of building a brand, we want to hear from you.
Expiration Reminder is the leading web-based platform for managing document expiration dates. Our software gives organizations the ability track, manage and send automatic email and text notifications when documents are about to expire, maintain compliance with regulations and keep vendors and customers complaint to company policies. Hundreds of organizations around the world rely on Expiration Reminder to track expiration dates. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, nonprofits, healthcare providers, schools, and more. And with a powerful suite of features that includes compliance rules, roadmaps, policy acknowledgement, document scanning and more that will help companies stay compliant.
- Campaign execution: Be ready to execute a product campaign from start to finish by putting on copywriter, designer, social media marketing, and digital marketing hats. Ability to design and create product graphics, mobile and web screens that help visualize your message. We move really fast so being able to mix and match, edit, and create graphics for smaller campaigns is a must.
- Persona research: Understand the buyer and the end-user inside out and build detailed buyer personas. Be the expert on their wants and needs, how they buy, and their buying criteria. Be the expert on your end-users and how they use your product. Act as ‘the voice of the customer’ across all functions (i.e., product management, sales, marketing).
- Execute and Implement go-to-market plans: Build and execute the product GTM strategy, lead new product releases, set competitive positioning, manage ‘day-to-day’ marketing support, and initiatives for our product working closely with the Product Management teams
- Thought leadership: Create impactful thought leadership content pieces by researching relevant topics for particular personas, including pieces on employee scheduling, time and location management, and the impact on a company's bottom line.
- You have 2-4 years of prior B2B product marketing experience in the technology/software space (or equivalent skills and knowledge). Your background preferably includes marketing of SMB software products, delivered as SaaS.
- You're proficient with email marketing tools, Hubspot, Adobe Spark, Canva, and Google Ads and LinkedIn Ads.
- You have experience creating successful product campaigns that feature clear, succinct, and differentiated messaging and storytelling.
- You've done ample research that gives you an uncanny ability to represent the voice of the customer in everything you do.
- You have strong writing, analytical, and presentation skills—so much so that you can take even the most complex processes and technologies and translate them into simple and digestible content (written, graphical, architectural, and verbal).
- Self-starter, positive attitude, ability to continuously develop and adapt to a growing team.
- Highly organized. You can manage and prioritize several different projects.
- Must be an Ontario, Canada resident.
Compensation and Benefits
- Medical benefits (dental, vision and drugs).
- Market compensation commensurate with your proven abilities.
- This is a full-time position.