Job Title: Controller
Reports to: Vice President, Operations
Location: Waterloo, Ontario, Hybrid
Direct reports: None at this time
Looking to join an exciting Cybersecurity company in the newly emerging realm of Quantum-Safe? We are seeking a talented Controller who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
evolutionQ, headquartered in Waterloo, ON is a Series A funded quantum cybersecurity company lead by world renowned experts Dr. Michele Mosca and Dr. Norbert Lutkenhaus, and by a team of highly experienced cybersecurity executives.
We are planning for rapid growth in the emerging field of quantum cybersecurity. If you are looking to be part of fantastic team, working on the cutting edge of cybersecurity, evolutionQ is the place to be.
The Controller will join our Waterloo team and be responsible for managing all financial and accounting operations of the company, including financial reporting, budgeting, forecasting, and analysis. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of experience in a similar role, possess strong leadership and communication skills, and be able to work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Manage the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with ASPE.
- Ensure the proper recording of evolutionQ’s services and software subscription revenue streams.
- Implement and take ownership and responsibility for QuickBooks.
- Analyze financial results and provide insights and recommendations to the Executive Team.
- Manage the year-end audit process and prepare all necessary schedules and documentation.
Budgeting and Forecasting:
- Lead the annual budgeting process and work collaboratively with department heads to develop accurate and realistic budgets.
- Develop and maintain financial models to forecast future performance.
- Monitor actual results against budget and forecast and provide regular updates to the Executive Team.
- Oversee cash flow management, including forecasting and monitoring cash balances.
- Manage relationships with banks and other financial institutions, as needed.
- Lead the Finance function, as part of the company’s Management Team
- Identify and manage financial risks and effectively communicate these risks to the Executive Team.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and controls to ensure effective and efficient financial operations.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement and innovation and continuously represent evolutionQ’s mission, vision, and values.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Controller or similar role in Ontario or Canada
- Strong technical accounting skills including knowledge of ASPE and revenue recognition for software subscriptions.
- Experience with financial forecasting and modeling.
- Strong working knowledge of Quickbooks.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required; CPA preferred.
evolutionQ strives to continuously be an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified candidates to apply.
If you possess the skills and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. As evolutionQ’s Controller, you will be part of a collaborative team and play a key role in shaping the financial future of our company!