Java Software Developer – Intermediate/Senior
What you’ll be doing:
As a Software Developer, you will be part of a small team creating Spring Boot based microservices that are part of a large scale distributed quantum safe cryptographic solution. You will be working with cutting edge quantum hardware and relational databases to manage quantum safe data.
Do you have the right stuff?
You have a University Degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- On a high level you would be working on a small team designing and building Spring Boot services to support the management and storage of quantum safe data of a large scale distributed solution. There is a mix of Rest API services and full stack Web GUI services.
- You have 5+ years of experience developing Java/JEE applications (Java 1.8+, REST Web Services, Spring or Spring Boot, API design, Microservices Design, JSON, SQL, and relational databases)
- You have experience designing, developing, securing and consuming REST Web services
- You have experience working with microservices/services architectures and design
- You have experience with relational databases.
- You have solid understanding of OOP, developer written unit tests and test mocking.
- You have knowledge of design patterns (MVC, Strategy, Factory, Singleton) and general design understanding.
- You have a proficient understanding of SCM tools and best practices (e.g. Git, Maven)
- Beneficial experience: Spring Cloud, Spring Batch, Spring Data JPA & Hibernate, mathematics education, symmetric and asymmetric cryptography, TLS, classical network operation and routing algorithms, web front end development, message queue frameworks, Junit, Mockito, and JMX.
Who are we?
evolutionQ is a privately owned, Canadian corporation headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario.
Powerful new quantum technologies promise tremendous benefits, but also pose serious threats to cybersecurity. evolutionQ is the first company worldwide dedicated to offering the full suite of services and products organizations need to manage their quantum risk and to deploy cyber tools designed to be safe against quantum computers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
evolutionQ was founded and is led by global leaders in quantum-safe cybersecurity credited with:
- Leading fundamental research underpinning quantum-safe cybersecurity, including the development of quantum-resistant cryptography algorithms, and the development of quantum key distribution solutions
- Co-founding the Institute for Quantum Computing in Waterloo
- Initiating and driving global standardization efforts
- Teaching and training the quantum-safe workforce
- Transferring knowledge and technology to industry and government for over two decades
With a team of individuals with decades of experience bringing new cryptographic tools into wide-spread application, evolutionQ can evolve organizations to a quantum-safe position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
evolutionQ is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check and may be subject to additional background checks from time to time during their employment.