What you'll be doing:
As the Office Manager you will be working closely with members of the leadership team to make sure that our head office location runs smoothly in a dynamic and growing start-up environment. You are well organized, personable and enjoy balancing a wide variety of tasks including some of the following:
Office and Administrative related responsibilities:
- Coordination and logistics of internal company events and social activities.
- General office administration responsible for our Waterloo office, located at 180 Columbia Street West.
- Being the point of contact for office building and primary liaison with various service providers.
- Managing internal communications with the team and encouraging company culture and values.
- Maintaining a positive work environment and ensure the smooth functioning of the office.
- Overseeing and coordinating office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures for a successful office environment.
- Coordinating and planning for office services, such as accommodation, re-locations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance, and security services.
- Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, project planning and management processes.
- Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls.
- Receive mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and deliver and distribute items using various courier services.
- Gather and maintain confidential company records and information,
- Creating or compiling summaries/reports. Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Screening incoming mail, calls, and visitors.
- Maintaining office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement.
- Processing invoices and administrative record keeping.
- Responsible for arranging travel.
Finance related responsibilities:
- Assisting with AR Management
- Assisting with AP Management
- Assisting with Payroll Management
- Assisting with Cash Management
Do you have the right stuff?
- High school diploma, a degree in related courses and other additional qualifications would be an asset.
- 3-6 years experience in a similar role or working environment.
- Engaging personality and optimistic outlook
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Experience and knowledge of working with office machines, like printers, scanners etc.
- Ability to use available resources to optimum level.
- Excellent time management skills, strong planning skills and ability to prioritize work during office hours.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft365 applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel.
Who are we?
evolutionQ is a privately owned, Canadian corporation headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario.
Powerful new quantum technologies promise tremendous benefits, but also pose serious threats to cybersecurity. evolutionQ is the first company worldwide dedicated to offering the full suite of services and products organizations need to manage their quantum risk and to deploy cyber tools designed to be safe against quantum computers in a timely and cost-effective manner.
evolutionQ was founded and is led by global leaders in quantum-safe cybersecurity credited with:
- Leading fundamental research underpinning quantum-safe cybersecurity, including the development of quantum-resistant cryptography algorithms, and the development of quantum key distribution solutions
- Co-founding the Institute for Quantum Computing in Waterloo
- Initiating and driving global standardization efforts
- Teaching and training the quantum-safe workforce
- Transferring knowledge and technology to industry and government for over two decades
With a team of individuals with decades of experience bringing new cryptographic tools into wide-spread application, evolutionQ can evolve organizations to a quantum-safe position.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
evolutionQ is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment background check and may be subject to additional background checks from time to time during their employment.