Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, January 25, 2024
We are looking for a Senior Software Development in Test/QA Automation Engineer to join our team! This role will be focused on creating, maintaining and improving our extensive automation suite. As part of the team, you will be the automation subject matter expert. You will mentor QA team members in areas of test automation to build and improve testing, and help implement test automation strategies.
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we can only consider candidates who reside in Canada with valid working status.
Eventbase has set the gold standard for live event technology for more than a decade. We power mobile event apps for global brands including Salesforce, Cisco, SAP, Deloitte and Adobe. We also build official mobile apps for massive events including South By Southwest (SXSW) and National Retail Federation Big Show, as well as three Olympic Games. Eventbase has been recognized with more awards than any other event app platform, including being named winner of “Best Event App” at the Event Technology Awards seven times.
We are driven by our mission: to bring people together for the magic of live events, and we’re proud that our industry-leading products have been at the heart of exceptional live events around the world since 2009. Millions of attendees across thousands of events have held Eventbase’s product in their hand as they walked the conference floor, participated in sessions and interacted with others onsite. Our team has a track record of pioneering breakthrough live event technology, and there are more exciting innovations to come. The event industry is being reinvented in the wake of Covid-19, and Eventbase is uniquely positioned to play a key role in this new world of events. We’re moving forward with our vision to shape the future of live event experiences.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in live event technology?
What You'll Do
- Lead the development of automation test strategies, collaborate with manual QAs, and stay aligned with the development team to construct and enhance automated test solutions/frameworks.
- Create efficient test plans and maintain the test case repository as our product grows in functionality.
- Perform a combination of both automation and manual testing, for mobile and web applications.
- Collaborate seamlessly and efficiently within an agile team setting.
- Perform root cause analysis to identify areas for improvement or optimization within products and their dependent areas.
- Continuously find opportunities to remove inefficiencies and take measurable steps to create additional value for the team through continuous improvement practices.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7-9 years of experience working in QA, with at least 5 years experience as an SDET or Automation Engineer.
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong experience with mobile application and web testing.
- Proven experience creating automation frameworks and tools to support test automation.
- Strong in Object Oriented programming preferably Python is a must.
- Experience with automation tools like Cypress, Appium etc.
- Hands on Experience with testing RESTful data services.
- Expertise in designing automation frameworks for both web and mobile applications.
- Ability to mentor other engineers and provide training in automation.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, technical aptitude, attention to detail
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage changing priorities.
- Experience with version control (Git).
- Working knowledge of Jenkins or similar CI/CD tools.
Why Join the Eventbase Team?
At Eventbase we value trust, respect and authenticity, and believe we are all better together. Joining the Eventbase team means you will enjoy a progressive work environment with some exceptional perks, including the option to go onsite at some of the largest events on the planet. We enjoy “No Meeting Fridays” and Eventbasers get every second Friday off, so you can have an extra 26 long weekends every year in addition to statutory holidays. We have a $1,250 annual professional development allocation and $1,000 per year to set up your home office. We also offer comprehensive benefits including extended health care from your first day, a $1000 flexible health/wellness spending account, paid parental leave for all new parents, and paid mental health days. And of course we offer competitive market salaries and employee stock options too.
At Eventbase we work hard and smart, and take time to celebrate our wins. We are a “remote-first” organization, so our team can work from anywhere in Canada. You will never be required to work out of an office if it doesn’t work for you.
We’re proud of our diverse team: Eventbasers hail from all over the world, with many different backgrounds, cultures and interests. We actively promote women working in technology both internally and by partnering with women in tech organizations externally. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status.