Solutions Engineer (Remote, Canada)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
We're seeking a motivated and high-energy Solutions Engineer who has experience using deep product knowledge to craft ideal client solutions. Ideally you will have a background in SaaS, mobile technology and the event space. You will work alongside all facades of the company: Sales, Development, Product. You will work with the Sales team to gain an understanding of the client needs, business requirements and assist with client demos early in the sales process. You will create the right-fit solution for the Development team and other Solutions Engineers to review. Lastly, you will have a close working relationship with the Product team to gain a deeper understanding of our platform, and help transition opportunities when the requirements call for custom solutions.
Solutions Engineers are critical to our growth at Eventbase, as they work diligently to guarantee the success of our clients early on. Solutions Engineers work with our Delivery, Sales and Engineering Teams. This is a full-time remote position ideally in the Vancouver, BC area. Please note that we can only consider candidates who reside in Canada with valid working status.
Eventbase has set the gold standard for live event technology for more than a decade. We power mobile event apps for global brands including Salesforce, Cisco, SAP, Deloitte and Adobe. We also build official mobile apps for massive events including South By Southwest (SXSW) and National Retail Federation Big Show, as well as three Olympic Games. Eventbase has been recognized with more awards than any other event app platform, including being named winner of “Best Event App” at the Event Technology Awards six times.
We are driven by our mission: to bring people together for the magic of live events, and we’re proud that our industry-leading products have been at the heart of exceptional live events around the world since 2009. Millions of attendees across thousands of events have held Eventbase’s product in their hand as they walked the conference floor, participated in sessions and interacted with others onsite. Our team has a track record of pioneering breakthrough live event technology, and there are more exciting innovations to come. The event industry is being reinvented in the wake of Covid-19, and Eventbase is uniquely positioned to play a key role in this new world of events. We’re moving forward with our vision to shape the future of live event experiences.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in live event technology?
What You’ll Do
- Act as the product expert for the sales team, with a deep understanding of core platform functionality
- Understand and communicate event industry and platform best practices
- Work closely with the sales team to understand client needs, business objectives, technical requirements, and responses to RFPs
- Help the Sales team to respond to RFPs
- Meet with the Solutions team to walk through any potential complexities and ensure all bases are covered
- Work directly with Solutions Engineers to transition requirements at the scoping phase
- Define the next steps needed and lead the technical kickoff with the Delivery team to carry out solutions
- Assist with setting up technical presentations and demonstrations that will be used to show functionality best aligned with the clients desired outcomes
- Run tailored client demos, speaking with confidence of the capabilities of the platform
- Collaborate with the product team to provide client insights, feedback, and suggestions
- Identify early on when clients are seeking a solution that will require custom work or potentially complex integrations
- Understand our product offering limitations and direct clients into what our platform can provide
- Juggle priorities and deadlines in an energizing environment, and do so with integrity, grace and good humour
- Responsible to ensure technical details are captured accurately
What You Bring
- 5+ years of Sales Engineering, Solutions Architecture or Technical Leadership
- Proven to have a mix of technical aptitude and customer facing skills
- You are a deeply curious person, and eager to expand your knowledge in all areas
- Have a track record of building customer confidence
- Highly motivated and driven to provide the best work possible
- Active listener that pays attention to the smallest details to ensure nothing gets by you
- Confident in your knowledge levels, and comfortable in saying you need to explore deeper to find out
- Able to work independently to find answers, and driven to meet customer and sales deadlines
- Seeks to find the best solution while sticking within the capabilities of the platform
Why Join the Eventbase Team?
At Eventbase we value trust, respect and authenticity, and believe we are all better together. Joining the Eventbase team means you will enjoy a progressive work environment with some exceptional perks, including the option to go onsite at some of the largest events on the planet. We enjoy “No Meeting Fridays” and Eventbasers get every second Friday off, so you can have an extra 26 long weekends every year in addition to statutory holidays. We have a $1,250 annual professional development allocation and $1,000 per year to set up your home office. We also offer comprehensive benefits including extended health care from your first day, a $1000 flexible health/wellness spending account, paid parental leave for all new parents, and paid mental health days. And of course we offer competitive market salaries and employee stock options too.
We’re proud of our diverse team: Eventbasers hail from all over the world, with many different backgrounds, cultures and interests. We actively promote women working in technology both internally and by partnering with women in tech organizations externally. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status.