Producer / Project Manager (Remote, Canada)
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Friday, August 4, 2023
Producers are critical to our success at Eventbase. They are the point of contact for our clients and also lead Production of their event apps. These teams work alongside our Solution Engineers, and Sales and Product teams to implement and integrate our platform with our clients’ Marketing and Technology needs.
Successful Producers have a unique pairing of project management and technical development skills, focussed in complex offerings, mobile applications and supporting enterprise companies.
This is a full-time remote position. Please note that we can only consider candidates who reside in Canada with valid working status.
Eventbase has set the gold standard for live event technology for more than a decade. We power mobile event apps for global brands including Salesforce, Cisco, SAP, Deloitte and Adobe. We also build official mobile apps for massive events including South By Southwest (SXSW) and National Retail Federation Big Show, as well as three Olympic Games. Eventbase has been recognized with more awards than any other event app platform, including being named winner of “Best Event App” at the Event Technology Awards six times.
We are driven by our mission: to bring people together for the magic of live events, and we’re proud that our industry-leading products have been at the heart of exceptional live events around the world since 2009. Millions of attendees across thousands of events have held Eventbase’s product in their hand as they walked the conference floor, participated in sessions and interacted with others onsite. Our team has a track record of pioneering breakthrough live event technology, and there are more exciting innovations to come. The event industry is being reinvented in the wake of Covid-19, and Eventbase is uniquely positioned to play a key role in this new world of events. We’re moving forward with our vision to shape the future of live event experiences.
Are you ready to join the industry leader in live event technology?
What You'll Do
- Primary point of contact and work directly with our clients to set expectations, lead project updates, timelines, deliverables and collaborate with the Sales, Production and Product teams to ensure things are on track
- Partnering with our clients, recommending features and functionalities that will help them deliver the best event experience for their attendees
- Run the company-wide project team for multiple, concurrent projects ensuring all milestones and project objectives are delivered on time. This includes resourcing, team meetings, prioritization, milestone tracking, task tracking and related administrative tasks
- Full project budget management including timeline, scope and required resources
- Inspire, guide and rally our internal production team members to deliver successful projects each and every time
- Assessing risk, establishing clear ownership of tasks and clearly communicate these objectives to ensure your team has what they need to move projects forward
- Assisting clients in handling their risks, troubleshooting and finding solutions when faced with roadblocks
- Utilizing tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp, 10,000ft and Slack to ensure efficiency throughout the project lifecycle
- Juggling multiple clients, priorities and deadlines with professionalism, grace and good humour
- Travel to client events from time to time as required
What You Bring
- 5 + years managing end to end projects ideally in the digital space, ideally Mobile experience
- Prior experience working with premier clients as a Project or Account Manager
- Experience in Agile project management
- Comfortable managing client expectations whether it be in person, via email or over the phone
- Ideally you’ve led web and mobile development projects from scope definition and timeline to launch with six figure budgets
- A teammate with a track record of leading and motivating internal teams of up to 8
- You’re tech savvy and a mobile app lover, a geek at heart who doesn’t need to code (though if you have in a previous life that’s OK too). You understand tech talk and can confidently talk the talk
- Mach three is your pace of choice, the grass does not grow under your feet
- Strong sense of ownership with the ability to embrace the opportunity of difficult and/or chaotic situations, you are a natural when it comes to putting out fires
- A quick read of situations and people, and have the necessary soft skills and poise to effectively manage whatever comes your way
- Highly organized and multi-tasker are words people have used to describe you
- Someone who can, and will, get their hands dirty in the trenches when required
- Nice to have: Scrum Master Certification and/or PMP designation
- Nice to have: Bachelor of Science degree (Computer Science)
- Nice to have: experience using Jira
Why Join the Eventbase Team?
At Eventbase we value trust, respect and authenticity, and believe we are all better together. Joining the Eventbase team means you will enjoy a progressive work environment with some exceptional perks, including the option to go onsite at some of the largest events on the planet. We enjoy “No Meeting Fridays” and Eventbasers get every second Friday off, so you can have an extra 26 long weekends every year in addition to statutory holidays. We have a $1,250 annual professional development allocation and $1,000 per year to set up your home office. We also offer comprehensive benefits including extended health care from your first day, a $1000 flexible health/wellness spending account, paid parental leave for all new parents, and paid mental health days. And of course we offer competitive market salaries and employee stock options too.
We’re proud of our diverse team: Eventbasers hail from all over the world, with many different backgrounds, cultures and interests. We actively promote women working in technology both internally and by partnering with women in tech organizations externally. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national or ethnic origin, gender or gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital or family status, veteran status, or disability status.