Senior Product Manager, Log Services
Senior Product Manager, Log Services
eSentire, Inc. is the Authority in Managed Detection and Response, protecting the critical data and applications of 2000+ organizations in 80+ countries, across 35 industries from known and unknown cyber threats.
Founded in 2001, the company’s mission is to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business-disrupting events. Combining cutting-edge machine learning XDR technology, 24/7 Threat Hunting, and proven security operations leadership, eSentire mitigates business risk and enables security at scale.
It's our mission at eSentire to protect our customers 24/7/365 and we extend this conviction to job seekers. During the application and interview process, eSentire will communicate with you from one of our corporate "@esentire.com" email addresses, never from a public email address. We strive to provide a welcoming, respectful, and thorough interview process, providing the candidate with ample opportunity to spend time with the hiring manager, recruiter, and future colleagues face to face, or using a video conference technology.
As a product-led company, eSentire is seeking experienced Product Managers to advance our innovative XDR platform and our market-leading MDR services. The Product Manager for Log Services will own the direction and evolution of eSentire’s SIEM and XDR platform strategy, supporting our multi-signal MDR offerings. This role will report to the VP, Product.
This role requires a combination of strong business acumen and technical skills with a background in enterprise network security in both traditional and cloud environments. The Product Manager must be able to bridge customer business requirements, technical capabilities, and market trends. The position requires frequent interaction with customers and prospects, explaining our security solutions and gathering feedback, while also working closely with internal teams such as Engineering and Marketing/Sales, clearly communicating goals in technical and business terms.
The ideal candidate is someone who takes initiative and ownership; they will be responsible for defining and owning the requirements, launch and lifecycle of our MDR for Log (SIEM) service offerings and with working with PM peers for seamless interaction with our XDR platform and larger MDR portfolio.
This position requires an in-depth understanding of SIEM, XDR, SOAR, log management, analytics, endpoint security, networks, and cloud services.
This role requires occasional travel (~25%).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate customer business needs into product strategy and technology requirements as MRDs and PRDs;
- Develop, manage and communicate the product roadmap to both internal and external key stakeholders;
- Work with other teams to ensure high-quality, on-schedule deliverables;
- Maintain a feature backlog and schedule regular product updates;
- Ensure optimal user experiences for end users by working closely with UX/UI designers and development teams on workflows, look-and-feel;
- Develop compelling sales tools and marketing content to support sales and field marketing teams;
- Create financial, market, and other analytical models to guide product pricing and go-to-market decisions;
- Maintain competitive matrix and competitive intelligence materials including hands-on product testing;
- Work with technology partners to source tools to support the platform and services;
- Work with internal teams such as SOC, Customer Success, Deployments, Engineering and others to define required processes to support the services.
- 5+ years in product management;
- 2+ years working with SIEM such as Splunk, Microsoft Sentinel, Sumo Logic, Palo Alto XSOAR or data-as-a-service/Data Lakes such as Snowflake, Google BigQuery, Amazon RedShift;
- Expertise in network security in on-premise, SaaS and IaaS environments;
- Knowledge of detection engineering and threat research;
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial mindset;
- Strong (written and verbal) communication and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills leading and contributing to cross-functional teams;
- Experience in fast-paced environments with overlapping projects/deliverables;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills required.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering or information systems related field)
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSK, AWS Certified Security, etc would be a benefit
- Knowledge of the Pragmatic Marketing framework
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Product Management
- Pay Type Salary