eSentire is on a mission to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. We were founded from the premise that if you can't find a solution, you build it. Entrepreneurship and innovation are in our DNA. Our culture is based on transparency, candor, and resiliency. At eSentire, continuous improvement isn't an option. It's expected.
Join our team and build your cybersecurity career in one of the world's most dynamic industries.
Join our growing team of industry leading technical professionals as a Technical Specialist, where you will provide tier-2 support for eSentire’s Managed Detection and Response (MDR) offerings.
eSentire’s multi-signal MDR offerings ensure customers remain protected from active threats 24x7. As a Technical Specialist, when issues arise and our clients reach out for support, you will be responsible for ensuring they receive industry leading support and that they remain in a healthy operational state throughout their partnership with eSentire. You will raise complex issues internally for collaborative solutions as well as escalate any to the appropriate teams, as needed. You will also be required to maintain stellar customer-facing communications and regular timely updates, as well as updating knowledge articles when solutions were not previously documented.
As a Technical Specialist, you will have the opportunity to grow your career in a dynamic and rapidly expanding company and offers a competitive salary and benefits package, as well as access to cutting-edge technology and ongoing training opportunities. This role reports to the Manager of Technical Services and Deployments.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a detail-oriented technical professional with a positive attitude and stellar customer-focused communication skills. You have an analytical approach to problem-solving in the most efficient manner and can provide technical support to clients of all levels. You are open to finding and sharing innovative solutions that meet both the customer’s needs and those of our business.
WHAT YOU ARE GREAT AT
You are a proactive self-starter who is comfortable interacting with stakeholders at various levels of the organization both internal and external and can take ownership of ensuring all work is completed thoroughly and accurately. You excel at communicating complex technical language and concepts with end customers of all levels. You have a good understanding of endpoint management concepts and a great understanding of networking, with some knowledge/exposure to cloud computing, and a passion for continued learning.
A Technical Specialist handles the following:
- Supporting our clients’ inquiries/issues related to any of eSentire’s MDR offerings by identifying the underlying problem and analyzing the information/data related to the symptoms.
- You will find solutions that align with both our business requirements and our client’s interest, focusing on the client experience and quality of service.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate internal/external teams for further assistance.
- Documenting all troubleshooting & research steps including related results.
- Providing technical guidance & support with implementation & feasibility inquiries along with sharing industry standard best practices and recommendations with stakeholders and leaders
- Contribute to our knowledge management system by creating and maintaining knowledge and process articles.
- Participation in after hours on-call rotation.
Perform other duties and/or projects as assigned.
WHAT WE REQUIRE
- Strong understanding of networking technologies such as LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, SD-WAN, Traffic Mirroring including experience with Linux command line operations.
- Knowledge of or experience with enterprise application support including endpoint technologies.
- Excellent customer-focused communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong problem-solving skills with a focus on root cause analysis.
- An attention to detail with a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities.
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience with computer software and hardware, including desktop computers, servers, laptops, network devices, and peripherals.
- Knowledge of or exposure to endpoint security solutions such as Microsoft Defender, CrowdStrike, Carbon Black, and/or SentinelOne, and cloud computing technologies.
- Familiarity with enterprise software deployment tools such as SCCM, Endpoint Manager, Intune, GPO & others.
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Information Technology
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?