Director, Tax and Treasury
eSentire is on a mission to hunt, investigate and stop cyber threats before they become business disrupting events. We were founded from the premise that if you can't find a solution, you build it. Entrepreneurship and innovation are in our DNA. Our culture is based on transparency, candor, and resiliency. At eSentire, continuous improvement isn't an option. It's expected.
Join our team and build your cybersecurity career in one of the world's most dynamic industries.
Reporting directly to the VP, Finance, the Director, Tax & Treasury will lead a small and growing team responsible for all Corporate Tax and Treasury matters. The Director, Tax & Treasury is an important, hands-on financial leader in the organization, providing value added input for key financial decisions. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated team of finance professionals, providing key business advisory as a key member of eSentire’s management team.
- Perform tax planning, reporting, and analysis
- Prepare working papers and work in conjunction with external tax consultants for the corporate tax returns in Canada, US, Ireland, and UK
- Liaise with the company’s external tax consultants on complex corporate tax matters
- Keep abreast of changes in tax regulations which may impact the business and provide recommendations to mitigate potential risks
- Perform periodic review of the company’s business to determine potential nexus in new jurisdictions
- Managing the filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual indirect tax returns for entities in Canada, US, Ireland, and UK
- Ensure the company is compliant with federal, state, provincial and local tax regulations
- Actively support international expansion initiatives with a focus on taxation and regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the development and execution of the company’s transfer pricing policy
- Support M&A, product, and pricing strategies from a Tax and Treasury perspective
- Establish and build out Treasury management and Hedging strategies
- Oversee the preparation of weekly/monthly cash reports and forecasts and ensure that all funding requirements are met
- Develop, implement, and execute foreign exchange hedging policies across the company portfolio
- Manage relationships with company’s banks and external lenders
- Lead a small, growing team and will be accountable for performance management, coaching and development.
- The ideal candidate is a senior tax and/or treasury leader who brings a minimum of 7+ years of relevant experience ideally gained in a similarly complex, fast paced, high growth software or technology company with an international footprint that has scaled to beyond US$100M in revenue.
- University degree preferably in finance or business with an accounting designation (CA, CPA) and/or an MBA. Public company experience and is highly desirable. M&A experience strongly preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of laws and regulations as they pertain to indirect taxes, including HST, VAT and US Sales Taxes
- International tax experience in US, Ireland, and UK and other international markets
- This individual will manage banking and financial advisor relationships, interface with investors, lenders, and lessors; manage bank credit lines, loans, and capital leases.
- Has a flexible, adaptable, and agile style and can adjust to multiple demands in a changing, fast paced, high-pressure environment.
- Takes responsibility for assigned tasks and shows initiative to suggest improvements to systems, processes, and procedures. Moreover, is comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and will not let the stress of the role limit their effectiveness.
- Highly organized, the ideal candidate manages time well and brings projects in on time and on budget. Will have excellent communication skills and will be adept at explaining complex ideas and concepts in simple terms and ensuring open lines of communication throughout the organization.
- Is not afraid to ask new questions and challenge the status quo in the best interests of the business and is skilled at persuading experienced managers to think about the business differently.
- Is a confident and mature leader who is committed to winning and is actively engaged and involved in the business. Possessing a positive attitude and a winning spirit, the ideal candidate is capable of leading and motivating a small, growing team, inspiring others and developing a high-performance team culture.
In summary, the Director, Tax & Treasury will be a highly respected, proactive, and trusted leader and partner to the VP, Finance who possesses strong core values and unquestioned integrity. The successful candidate brings an entrepreneurial mindset, a sense of urgency, possesses a strong will to win and will provide the organization with the financial leadership and capability to make well-informed decisions and execute on strategies to support the organization’s aggressive growth mandate and continued success.
- Trustworthy, high integrity
- Strong communicator, sets the tone for openness, transparency, and respect
- Possesses a high degree of resiliency and is energized by a fast paced, dynamic growth environment, innovative mindset
- Understand what needs to be done to continue to mature the organization’s financial acumen and processes
- Makes sound decisions, is focused and explicit in decision making
- Consultative and collaborative – rolls up sleeves!
- Values teamwork and inspires achievement in others
- Respected for proven technical expertise, valued guidance, and track record
- Strategic mindset: drives change effectively
Why a Career with eSentire?
Our Culture: At eSentire we work in a collaborative and innovative work environment. We work with brilliant and passionate people who strive and encourage others to do their best. eSentire’s idea-rich environment welcomes creative and sometimes unconventional perspectives!
Growth Opportunities: At eSentire you will have the opportunity to grow and make an impact from your work. We encourage innovation in all who become a part of our team. With growing operations internationally, there are many lateral and upward advancement opportunities for rewarding and developing careers with eSentire. We’re strong believers in continuing education and provide the resources that you need to continue learning.
Employee Perks: We provide breakfast, snacks and refreshments (at our physical office locations in Waterloo, London, and Cork), flexible working hours and vacation, company-wide equity and bonus programs, subsidies for continuing education and health & wellness, and attractive compensation and benefits plans. We make it our obligation to the team to stay current with compensation trends in the tech field!
We thank all applicants in advance for applying. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
eSentire is committed to creating a fair work environment that is aligned with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). We guarantee equal treatment and provide opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, status as a protected veteran or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these basis. If you have any accessibility requirements during the recruitment process, please reach out to our HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org and any accommodation needs will be addressed upon request.
- Job Family Finance
- Pay Type Salary
Something looks off?