EM-ONE Energy Solutions
EM-ONE is a dynamic company in a scale-up stage looking to further build our high-performance and impact-oriented team. We are a team of technology and engineering experts focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in West Africa. We leverage over a decade of experience providing end-to-end solutions in distributed energy systems – microgrids, energy storage systems, and large-scalsolar systems for utilities, (commercial & industrial) and remote applications, smart electricity infrastructure, and powering healthcare.
To date, we have designed and built over 300 solar microgrids for energy access as well as for commercial & industrial applications. Our current focus is on expanding our impact across three business lines:
- Energy access and powering healthcare: Solar plus storage modular microgrids that range from 5 kWp – 5000 kWp
- Utilities, Commercial and industrial (C&I): Solar power plants, energy storage systems, and advanced microgrids (interconnected mini-grid) from 0.5 MWp – 100 MWp, (+)
- Smart Electricity Infrastructure: Smart Grid Infrastructure & technologies focused on grid modernization, grid stability, enabling Renewable Energy grid interconnection, and charging infrastructure for e-mobility.
We have exciting and transformative projects lined up, and time to bring in a new team member who is as motivated and excited about technology and making their mark on Africa’s energy transition as we are.
More information about our work can be found at www.emone.energyRole & Responsibilities
We are seeking a highly skilled and qualified Accountant to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and maintaining our financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting principles, and providing financial reports to the management team. The ideal candidate should have a professional qualification from ICAN or ACCA and have experience using QuickBooks accounting software.
The successful candidate will be based out of Abuja, Nigeria, and will report directly to Head of Finance and Administration and work closely with Engineering and Project Managers. The main responsibilities will include:
- Conducting market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities and trends in the solar energy industry.
- Developing financial models and forecasts to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Identifying and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the company's performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Developing and implementing supply chain management strategies to optimize the company's operations and reduce costs.
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, such as partnerships, strategic alliances, and other forms of collaboration
- Supporting the management of existing commercial partnerships and relationships
- Provide support on commercial activities including proposals, invoicing, forecasting, and commercial analysis for ongoing projects.
- Coordinating with other departments, such as engineering, projects, and finance, to ensure that commercial activities are aligned with overall company goals and objectives.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments and new technologies and identifying opportunities for the company to stay competitive.
- Produce power-point decks to communicate business plans and strategies to various levels of the global organization.
- Assist CEO and other members of the executive team on internal projects and strategic initiatives – working with minimal oversight and contributing to business development, strategy, and corporate development.
We are looking for an expert with a passion for building the team. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- A professional qualification from ICAN or ACCA.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Experience using QuickBooks accounting software.
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Solid social and environmental impact mission (sustainable energy + increasing renewables to accelerate the energy transition) – with a team passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- The role is high impact - you will feel your direct impact on the company, our mission, and on our leadership team.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset. We maintain awareness of and continue to be sensitive to structural oppression/privilege at work and in the communities we serve.
- Salary range: competitive based on experience
Something looks off?