EM-ONE Energy Solutions
EM-ONE is a dynamic company in a scale-up stage looking to further build our high-performance and impact-oriented team. We are a team of technology and engineering experts focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in West Africa. We leverage over a decade of experience providing end-to-end solutions in distributed energy systems – microgrids, energy storage systems, and large-scale solar systems for utilities, C&I (commercial & industrial) and remote applications, smart electricity infrastructure, and powering healthcare.
To date, we have designed and built over 300 solar microgrids for energy access as well as for commercial & industrial applications. Our current focus is on expanding our impact across three business lines:
- Energy access and powering healthcare: Solar plus storage modular microgrids that range from 5 kWp – 5000 kWp
- Utilities, Commercial and industrial (C&I): Solar power plants, energy storage systems, and advanced microgrids (interconnected mini-grid) from 0.5 MWp – 100 MWp, ESS (MWh+)
- Smart Electricity Infrastructure: Smart Grid Infrastructure & technologies focused on grid modernization, grid stability, enabling Renewable Energy grid interconnection, and charging infrastructure for e-mobility.
We have exciting and transformative projects lined up, and it’s time to bring in a new team member who is as motivated and excited about technology and making their mark on Africa’s energy transition as we are.
More information about our work can be found at www.emone.energy
Role & Responsibilities
The Business Analyst will focus on commercial analysis and business operations and will be responsible for analyzing and improving the company's financial and operational performance. The Business Analyst will work closely with the management team and other departments to identify areas for improvement and implement strategies to increase efficiency and profitability.
The ideal candidate for this role should have a strong background in business analysis, finance, as well as experience in the solar energy industry. Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills are also essential. Knowledge of business operations, supply chain management, project management, and commercial analysis are a plus.
The successful candidate will be based out of Abuja, Nigeria, and will report directly to the CEO and work closely with the Business Development Manager. The main responsibilities will include:
- Conducting market research and analysis to identify new business opportunities and trends in the solar energy industry.
- Developing financial models and forecasts to support decision-making and strategic planning.
- Identifying and analyzing key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure the company's performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Developing and implementing supply chain management strategies to optimize the company's operations and reduce costs.
- Identifying and evaluating new business opportunities, such as partnerships, strategic alliances, and other forms of collaboration
- Supporting the management of existing commercial partnerships and relationships
- Provide support on commercial activities including proposals, invoicing, forecasting, and commercial analysis for ongoing projects.
- Coordinating with other departments, such as engineering, projects, and finance, to ensure that commercial activities are aligned with overall company goals and objectives.
- Keeping abreast of industry developments and new technologies and identifying opportunities for the company to stay competitive.
- Produce power-point decks to communicate business plans and strategies to various levels of the global organization.
- Assist CEO and other members of the executive team on internal projects and strategic initiatives – working with minimal oversight and contributing to business development, strategy, and corporate development.
We are looking for an expert with a passion for building the team. The right candidate will enjoy working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or Finance, MBA preferred.
- Advanced skill levels in Excel including macros, complex charts, and pivot tables.
- Advanced power points skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive nature, keen on attention to detail, self-directed and results-oriented
- Ability to multi-task and manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Solid social and environmental impact mission (sustainable energy + increasing renewables to accelerate the energy transition) – with a team passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- The role is high impact - you will feel your direct impact on the company, our mission, and on our leadership team.
- We are an equal opportunities employer, and we operate with an anti-oppression mindset. We maintain awareness of and continue to be sensitive to structural oppression/privilege at work and in the communities we serve.
- Salary range: competitive based on experience
- Benefits: full range of health & dental; education allowance and learning & development experiences; generous paid sick days & vacation.
Something looks off?