Project Coordinator, Sustainable Energy
EM-ONE Energy Solutions
EM-ONE is an engineering and technology firm focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in Africa. We leverage over a decade of experience in developing and deploying projects in distributed energy systems and smart electricity infrastructure, pioneering the continent’s power sector with innovation and sustainability.
Over the past five years, we have successfully completed nearly 300 solar microgrid projects across West Africa. We have worked with leading donors, governments, and technology firms to sustainably power health facilities, schools, universities, government offices and private sector operations. And we are just getting started.
- We like to break down difficult problems using a first-principles approach, leveraging the latest energy innovations to drive our mission forward. Our current focus is on expanding our impact across three main areas: Energy access and powering healthcare: solar + storage modular microgrids (5 kWp – 1000 kWp)
- Utilities, commercial and industrial: interconnected solar plus + storage (MWh) microgrids (0.5 MWp – 100 MWp)
- Smart grid infrastructure and technologies focused on grid modernization, grid stability, enabling renewable energy interconnection to the grid and charging infrastructure for e-mobility
We are building a diverse team of engineers, energy sector experts, and world-changers. We have exciting and transformative projects lined up and it's time to grow our team with mission-aligned individuals who are as excited about technology and the energy transition in Africa as we are!
We are looking for a talented Project Coordinator, based out of our Abuja office, to join our team.
Role & Responsibilities
The candidate will report to the Head of Projects, working side-by-side with our engineers, project managers and subject matter experts to ensure the streamlined delivery of projects. The main responsibilities include:
- Supporting project managers in planning, monitoring, and reporting on our sustainable energy projects from initiation to close. This will include preparing plans, budgets, and schedules while monitoring, documenting and reporting.
- Acting as the key information aggregator – keeping the team, project managers, leadership and clients updated on the status of the project.
- Running daily meetings to support the project team in prioritization, tracking, risk, and issue management.
- Ensuring documentation, reporting and overall branding of the project and its communication collateral meet our high standards.
- Supporting the Head of Projects with resource planning and scheduling across numerous ongoing projects.
- Developing presentation materials and run meetings for management and company-wide communication.
- Supporting team members to implementing risk management strategies.
- Working with Project Managers to develop and implement tools, templates and workflows that improve the teams’ effectiveness and build the team’s capacity.
- Performing other related tasks as required in the duty and spirit of the job.
Degree in business administration, management, or an equivalent level of experience.
- At least two years of relevant experience in project management, operations, or consulting.
- Relevant project management certifications.
- Proactive nature, keen on attention to detail, self-directed and results-oriented.
- Impeccable organizational skills. With projects under your charge from start to finish, the right candidate will be an expert in spreadsheets, timelines, and budgeting.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (leveraging Office, and PM software) as the candidate will need to manage expectations for the client and internal teams.
- Experience in working with senior stakeholders and an executive team.
- An entrepreneurial spirit and ability to set aside ego to build something amazing.
- Ability and willingness to travel across West Africa.
- Solid social and environmental impact mission with a passionate team.
- Feeling a direct impact to the company and on our mission.
- Opportunities for learning, growth, and professional development
- Working on industry-changing projects with a global team of subject matter experts and stakeholders
- Salary range: competitive based on experience
- Benefits: full range of health & dental; education allowance and learning & development experiences; generous paid sick days & vacation.
Something looks off?