Staff Product Designer
Intelex is seeking an innovative Senior Product Designer who can combine user research, domain knowledge, and interaction design principles to deliver impactful solutions that can preserve lives, manage risk, and protect the planet.
You will manage complex projects conduct research, conceptualize designs, and prototype ideas for implementation on our web and mobile applications. You will coach and guide designers to help them grow and deliver effectual and high-quality work and act as a major contributor to the team roadmap, achieving our company goal of ending death in the workforce by 2050.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Raising the visual design bar in a way that creates business value by designing interfaces that are functional, beautiful, and delightful, while acting as a steward for our design system
- Gaining new and deeper insights about our customers to understand their needs and motivations that ultimately challenge and influence our understanding of the problems we are solving
- Planning, designing and leading customer and stakeholder feedback and interaction sessions, collect feedback and sentiments to gain clarity and develop new structure/templates when necessary
- Synthesizing data into action plans and assign tasks to others within the activity
- Developing necessary reports/presentations on VOC and experimentation activities and present findings to leadership
- Growing your influence on the future vision of our products and actively plan for how your designs will help us surpass our competitors
- Pairing with Product Marketing and Product Manager’s to influence how we bring our products to market
- Pairing with engineering to find design solutions through functional prototypes
- Solving complex problems and taking new perspectives on existing solutions by exercising judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Working beyond design, within and across teams, peers, and partners to ensure your team delivers high-quality, impactful results
- Identifying opportunities to refine our principles and values and co-own the health and inclusivity of our product team
- Communicating effectively with group and org leaders to influence their thinking and decisions
- Actively help our team align on our strategy and consistently seek out opportunities to improve our team
- Actively seek out and apply lessons and inspiration from the success of others
- Proactively motivate others by sharing insightful and relevant feedback
- Reports to the Manager, User Experience
Skills & Work Traits
- You are comfortable leading quantitative and qualitative research
- You regularly talk to customers to gain insights and understanding of problems worth solving
- You love solving complex system design challenges
- You take ownership of reaching business outcomes
- You have a knack for UX copy
- You are experienced at designing simple and elegant interfaces for complex systems
- You know which prototyping method best suits your situation and are well versed in creating detailed prototypes to test micro-interactions
- You are excellent at storytelling to communicate your work in an engaging way
- You are comfortable with and anticipate feedback to address it proactively
- You are adept at identify and anticipating risks to proactively develop solutions
- You act as a role model for our principles and values, checking your ego at the door and encourage others to do the same
- You recognize and manage your triggers for fixed mindset
- You are decisive to make progress, not just take-action
- You proactively drive the resolution of dependencies with others
- You maximize opportunities and when needed, go beyond the project and the role
- You are comfortable raising problems when you see them and actively seek solutions
- You have excellent English writing, communication, and presenting skills
- Proficient with Figma, Jira, Miro
- Familiarity working with Material UI design system
- 7-10+ years in a Product Design role and researching and designing a B2B SaaS product
- Solid portfolio that shows your range in product design, design systems, user research, and visual design
- Solid UX Practice/UX Research knowledge
- Experience working with Scrum or other Agile teams is an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree, diploma, or post-secondary training in UX/Product design-related area preferred.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.