Senior Product Manager
As the Product Manager for Intelex’s Safety product portfolio, you will be a member of the Product team driving the commercialization of solutions that help organization manage incidents when they occur and take proactive measure to identify, assess, and mitigate personnel and process safety risks. Leading a hard-working cross-functional team, you will identify market opportunities to deliver novel, disruptive solutions that enable organizations drive continuous improvement in their safety programs. You will be a hands-on leader driving go-to-market, product, and operational direction. You will develop an intimate understanding of the market, our customers, and the opportunities to drive value and growth for the business. You will be responsible for cultivating an innovation and growth mindset to achieve ambitious financial objectives, exceed customer expectations, and drive strong innovation capabilities and talent outcomes within the business.
In this capacity we need you to deliver on the following:
Responsibilities and Deliverables
Develop and implement new product strategy
- Drive a product-led strategy and lead the short and long-range planning process, in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Define cases and investment rationale for recommended projects to successful commercialization of early-stage technologies and drive organic growth through the Intelex product portfolio.
- Lead commercialization strategy through product, marketing, sales, services, and customer support providing guidance and support to enable cross-functional execution.
Identify market growth opportunities and validate product-market fit
- Perform prospect, client, competitor, and market analysis and find opportunities to define the product vision focused on market problems worth solving and supported by customer and business model validation.
- Lead market research & competitive intelligence functions, integrating outputs into strategic recommendations that guide product and commercial decision-making & strategies.
- Segment market (regional, industry, customer, etc.) and identify targeted market segments to drive growth using company strengths and market opportunities to create a differentiated and durable market position.
Develop go-to-market strategy and planning
- Develop go-to-market strategy in collaboration with Sales and Marketing to define market entry, sales channels, placement, positioning, promotion, and pricing strategy.
- Create, monitor, and review the go-to-market plan in close collaboration with the Sales, Marketing, Services, Customer Success, and Product leadership.
- Guide product pricing strategies, understand the full input costs and market factors influencing the pricing, and determine optimal pricing.
- Develop and maintain product pricing models, contribute to concepts about promotional techniques, and develop and maintain sales and distribution channels as appropriate.
- Ensure the go-to-market KPIs and execution plans are met and develop action plans to correct as necessary.
Manage and monitor product lifecycle
- Drive the definition, delivery and sustainment of product(s) throughout its lifecycle to ensure current features and benefits are appropriately aligned to the product definition, market requirements and evolving client needs.
- Oversee the development and manage the product scope and trade-offs to optimize performance against business goals.
Monitor business and product performance
- Manage business performance based on achievement of P&L and delivery of business core value drivers. Deliver results from an overall best for the business perspective.
- Define and manage commercial performance metrics to identify underperformance, direct root cause analysis, and make recommendations for corrective actions.
- Monitor product/ portfolio and platform performance to ensure ongoing client and market relevance through engagement sessions with clients and market research
- Reports to the Director, Product Management - Applications
Skills & Work Traits
- Superior analytical abilities using data to make fact-based decisions. Statistical experience an asset.
- Excellent written, oral communication and interpersonal skills to engage with various collaborators
- A comfort level with ambiguity and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivated and a love of problem solving
- An attention to detail with a focus on results and bias for action
- Not afraid to get hands dirty and a great teammate
- 3 + years’ experience in strategy, portfolio & product management, or commercial roles within software and/or technology companies
- Proven experience commercializing early-stage products and technologies
- Proven experience in driving alignment to a common vision and working across multiple collaborators to achieve results
- Experience in global roles, getting results in multiple local markets advantageous
- Interest in Technology industry or industry experience in high tech an asset
- Completed post-secondary education in a related field, Business or Marketing preferred
- Completed post-grad or MBA considered an asset
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.