Senior Software Developer
Our developers bring passion, craftsmanship, and innovation to the development and delivery of Intelex’s software products, with the objective of empowering our customers with industry-leading capabilities and UX. They collaborate with their peers within an Agile practice and a DevOps as a culture environment.
We are building a next generation platform using modern architectural patterns such as microservices and microfrontends. We are seeking a front end focused senior developer to help us impress and delight our customers with clean, usable, and performant applications.
- Work with Product Manager, UX, and team to break down business requirements and features into actionable work items.
- Design and implement new features and solutions that support customer use cases in new software products.
- Meet sprint goals by proactively working with stakeholders and team to identify and solve sprint blockers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams, including Architecture, Product Management, UX, QA, and others to create best-in-class applications.
- Mentor team members on new technologies, architecture, and best practices.
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying gaps in technology, process, sprint flow, and offering solutions for them.
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our customers.
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to quality and excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and perfecting the craft of software development.
- Excels at bug analysis and troubleshooting. Persistent when solving problems.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Believes in a culture of writing things down.
- Effective researcher with the ability to generate options to make technology decisions.
- Enjoys sharing knowledge. Finds opportunities to coach and mentor other engineers.
- Passionate about the creation of simple yet effective user experiences.
- Outstanding attention to detail. Seeks to create pixel-perfect outcomes.
- Experience with front end frameworks such as React, Angular, or Vue (React preferred).
- Experience with state management libraries such as Redux Classic, Zustand, or Redux Toolkit.
- Experience with CSS layout and preprocessors such as Sass or Less.
- Experience with RESTful APIs and GraphQL.
- Good understanding of user experience (UX) design principles.
- Experience with design systems and component libraries (MUI).
- Experience with functional programming libraries (Ramda).
- Experience with end-to-end testing frameworks (Cypress).
- Experience with microfrontend frameworks (Piral).
- Experience with cloud (Azure) and container (Docker, Kubernetes) technologies.
- Experience developing enterprise or SaaS products.
- 5 or more years of professional web application development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science / Engineering, or equivalent training.
- This role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification.
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.