The Scrum Master is responsible for guiding multiple teams in the use and adaptation of Scrum. The Scrum Master may work with one or more Scrum teams to develop high-quality enterprise software, used by hundreds of clients around the globe.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Be the process owner and guide development Teams in the adaptation and use of Agile principles and practices for Software Development.
- Ensuring Scrum/Kanban Framework is followed including required meetings and artifacts.
- Coordinating and facilitating Scrum meetings such as daily stand-up, backlog refinement, sprint planning, release planning, and sprint retrospectives.
- Removing any obstacles blocking or slowing down the teams, eliminate waste in the system.
- Identifying and coordinating dependencies with other teams and external collaborators.
- Providing awareness of team status and issues to senior management.
- Promoting a collaborative team environment that fosters creativity and innovation.
- Mentoring team members on agile software development principles and practices.
- Coordinating and scheduling the execution of deliverables across multiple teams.
- Guide the team to self-organize and become hyper-productive in delivering quality software early and often.
- Building a safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information of the team status and issues.
- Supporting and educate the Product Owner, especially with respect to refining and managing the product backlog to deliver highest business value.
- Contributing towards the success of the Agile Practice by building agile processes, practices, tools and metrics/KPI’s.
- Reports to the Sr. Manager – Agile and R&D Operations
- Deliver quality software early and often, better technical practices, eliminate waste, improve lead/cycle time for throughput, and reduce project risks.
Skills & Work Traits
- Highly motivated, disciplined, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Exceptional planning, facilitation, dependency management, risk management & analysis skills
- Ability to complete and manage performance and expectations within a cross-functional, matrix management environment
- Ability to coach, mentor, and advocate at multiple levels, including team members, team leads, product owners and management
- Preference for collaborative work within an agile practice as a member of a multi-discipline team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid understanding of both the theory and application of Agile practices, including Scrum, Kanban, and XP
- Expertise with the application of Agile tools (such as JIRA, Kanban boards)
- Knowledge of ISO 900x and CMMI process maturity models
- Three or more years of experience with Scrum or alternate Agile practice, in a Scrum Master or facilitator role.
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization preferred
- Experience with EHSQ systems is an asset
- Level 1 certification as Scrum Master (PSM-1, CSM) required and a Scaled Agile certification (SAFe) or Scrum Professional (CSP) would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience
- PMP certification is an asset
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!