Machine Learning Developer
Intelex is hiring Machine Learning Developer to work in AI team on novel and disruptive solutions that will shape out company’s global vision in this new world of AI technology. You will need to have strong programming skills, a deep understanding of machine learning (algorithms & frameworks) in areas of Natural Language Processing and sentiment analysis, modular design, distributed datasets, and computing; as well as excellent communication and planning skills.
Responsibilities and Deliverables:
- Analyze and prototype proprietary machine learning algorithms while meeting defined system requirements and constraints.
- Define validation and performance metrics for proposed algorithms.
- Work with team members to prototype, design, implement, and document product features.
- Build tools that will increase the productivity of teams developing AI-based systems (training of deep learning / reinforcement learning systems).
- Reports to Director of AI/ML or Manager AI/ML
Skills & Work Traits
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and machine learning development standard processes
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Proficiency in Python and relevant libraries such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Spacy, and scikit-learn
- Working and up-to-date knowledge of object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- Experience with large or pre-trained language models like GPT, Llama, BERT
- Experience with question answering, knowledge graph, dialog systems, conversational systems, semantic or syntactic parsing
- Familiarity with MLOps concepts such as continuous integration and deployment, model monitoring, and containerization
- Experience with software engineering standard methodologies, including version control, testing, and code review
- 2+ years of hands-on experience developing and implementing machine learning algorithms in area of NLP.
- Experience with cloud-based machine learning platforms such as AWS SageMaker or Azure ML Platform
- A passion for staying at the forefront of AI research and a work ethic to push the boundaries of what is possible in AI (including GenAI).
- Experience with CUDA, OpenCL or other GPU frameworks
- Published papers in top conferences or journals such as NeurIPS/ICML/CVPR
- Master’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or a related technology/engineering field.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety, and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, webbased platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.