Senior Database Administrator
Software Engineering, IT
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, August 5, 2023
Database is one of the most critical core components in any service infrastructure. If you would like to work with several database technologies and drive infrastructure efficiency through innovative designs, then you should consider a position as a SQL Server DBA / System Admin here at Intelex! In this role you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the overall end-to-end Database technologies across all Intelex services, Identity management and many more.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Responsible for the database design and participates in architecture/design reviews
- Creates and maintains all databases required for labs and production usage.
- Performs the capacity to plan that is required to create and maintain the databases.
- Performs ongoing tuning of database instances with Dev
- Installs and upgrades the databases and its tools
- Plans and implements backup and recovery of the databases.
- Set up and configure replication as needed and implement HA/DR
- Controls migrations of programs, database changes, reference data changes, etc. through the development life cycle.
- Implements and enforces security for all the Databases.
- Performs database improvements as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- In collaboration with Development, puts standards in place ensuring all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The DBA will perform reviews on the design frequently to ensure that standards are being adhered to.
- Ensures that databases are monitored appropriately.
- Documents design and database details
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Provides support and fixes database and system specific issues through an on-call rotation.
- This is a highly collaborative role that requires you to build, maintain and develop solid working relationships with the following teams
Skills & Work Traits
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and manage relationships
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in multi-functional project teams
- Strong understanding of MS SQL, Oracle DBs, Azure SQL, MongoDB
- Experience with cloud-managed transactional database and data warehouse technologies such as Snowflake, Amazon RDS, RedShift, and Aurora
- MS Clustering, Replication, HA and DR implementations.
- Experience with maintenance and administration of Windows Server.
- Experience in implementing, and troubleshooting scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Experience with backup solutions
- Experience with IIS Server administration
- Solid scripting and automation knowledge
- Experience with virtualization and cloud technologies Azure and AWS
- Solid understanding of Cloud environments and virtualization concepts (ex. Containerization)
- Descent working knowledge of Network protocols, and Storage options as underlying infrastructure design.
- Experience with Analytic, bigdata and/or data warehouse (Snowflake, SSAS)
- Experience with maintenance and administration of Linux Server
- SQL coding
- 5 years of Database Administration experience (MS SQL Server, Oracle)
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation!