Senior Cloud Architect
The salary range for this position is $97,000- $180,000 USD
This position is also eligible for bonus as part of the total compensation package.
Base pay offered may vary depending on various factors, including, but not limited to: job-related knowledge; skills; experience; and other eligibility factors such as geographic location. The Total Rewards package includes competitive base pay and an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and several programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
Are you a Senior Cloud Architect who is a highly motivated self-starter seeking impactful work? Do you understand the criticality of cloud architecture and design on the entire customer lifecycle?
The Cloud Operations organization is seeking a hands-on cloud architect that will work closely with business and R&D leaders! They will work on cloud transformational work spanning the entire lifecycle - design, development, delivery, and operations!
Responsibilities and deliverables
- Develop architectural patterns to transform existing applications and processes into cloud-native technologies.
- Proactively identify gaps in technology, process, product, and team workflow and act as a change catalyst.
- As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to be a mentor and take an active interest in our learning culture
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating, and building software.
- Reports to VP, Cloud Operations.
Skills and work traits
- Drive standards and best practices across the cloud organization focusing on Operational Excellence, Security, Performance, Reliability, Cost Optimization, and Sustainability
- Expert in best practices such as Immutable Infrastructure, Containers, Tagging, CIS Hardening, IAM, CI/CD, Feature Flags, Monitoring, and Cloud Security
- Notable proficiency and experience in polyglot, multi-cloud hybrid environments
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies and APIs, including IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS, and experience with public and private cloud platforms, such as AWS, Azure, Snowflake, and Google Cloud
- Hands on experience with tools such as Terraform, Packer, Consul, Vault, Ansible, Jenkins, Github Actions
- Scripting experience with Python, Powershell, and/or Bash
- Extensive experience transforming monolithic applications into performant cloud-ready applications with messaging systems, event-driven architectures, unstructured data, and microservice architecture.
- Hands-on Experience with Containerization, DevOps pipelines and cloud deployment tools ie. Docker, Kubernetes or equivalent technologies.
- 10 or more years of professional cloud operations, development, and architecture experience.
- Work experience transforming an enterprise software product in SaaS organization strongly preferred.
- Organizational experience delivering value using Well-Architected Frameworks, Cloud Governance and Cloud Center of Excellence
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques and their implementation within existing software products and infrastructure.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- Recent Certifications in Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, and/or GCP are a big plus
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies ULC. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
Something looks off?