Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Work closely with the Dev Manager and Product Manager to break down business requirements into work items within a development team's scope.
- Proactively identify gaps in technology, process, product, and team workflow and act independently to coordinate work to solve these problems within their team.
- Participate in departmental initiatives to improve technology, process, product, and team workflow.
- Coach and mentor members of their team and takes active interest in their professional development.
- Collaborate effectively with subject matter experts in product, architecture, and leadership to continuously improve customer experiences.
- Design and develop new features supporting customer use cases in existing and new software products.
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating, and building software.
- Deliver sprint commitments by working proactively with key collaborators to identify and navigate obstacles.
- Build high-performing software with an evolving set of tools across several technology stacks and engage in the stewardship of our development process.
- Collaborate with cross-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients.
- Reports to Manager OR SVP, Software Development.
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Proactive, creative, and self-directed with a commitment to excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and evaluating modern technologies and tools.
- Exceptional analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Excellent research skills combined with the ability to generate options to make technology and architectural decisions.
- Ability to drive development process improvements.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent mentorship and coaching skills.
- Committed to building high quality, secure, and performant products.
- Extensive experience with the concepts and building blocks of large-scale applications including messaging systems, load balancing and microservice architecture.
- Extensive experience designing and documenting architectural specifications.
- Experience with relational/NoSQL database, user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles, and object-oriented programming.
- Experience with DevOps pipelines and cloud deployment tools like Kubernetes or equivalent technologies.
- Ability to identify risks & limitations, prepare a mitigation plan, and encourage ownership & accountability.
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques and their implementation within existing software products and infrastructure.
- 10 or more years of professional web application development experience.
- Professional experience within agile development practice strongly preferred.
- Work experience within an enterprise software product or SaaS organization strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
With more than 1,300 clients and 1.6 million users, Intelex Technologies, ULC is a global leader in environmental, health, safety, and quality (EHSQ) management software. Since 1992 its scalable, webbased platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g., ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of North America’s fastest-growing tech companies who has recently been recognized as a Great Place to Work for over 7 years, Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Millennials and Canadian HR Team for fewer than 500 employees and has been recipient of Waterstone’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures award, and Deloitte’s Best Managed Companies award. For more information, visit https://www.intelex.com/careers or see what our employees are saying by following our #ProudIntelexian hashtag.
Something looks off?