Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Craft and develop new features and solutions that support customer use cases in existing and new software products.
- Work in an agile team environment that practices continuous improvement when planning, estimating and building software.
- Deliver on sprint commitments by working proactively with collaborators to identify and navigate obstacles.
- Build hard-working software with an evolving set of tools across several technology stacks and participate in the stewardship of our development process.
- Collaborate with multi-functional project teams including Architects, QA, Product Management, and others to delight our clients.
- Reports to Manager, Software Development
Skills & Work Traits
- Passionate about understanding our clients.
- Proactive, creative and self-directed with a dedication to excellence.
- Committed to continuous learning and the craft of software development.
- Effective analysis and troubleshooting skills, and persistence in solving problems.
- Active interest and participation in DevOps as a culture.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and participation in a culture of writing things down.
- Committed to building high quality, secure, performant product and willing to pursue new learning in these areas.
- Experience developing large scale web applications.
- Excellent understanding of relational database design including table design and optimization, transactions, stored procedures and constraints.
- A proven understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) principles.
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Self-guided learning of new tools, technologies and stacks.
- Familiarity with concepts, such as Microservice architecture and Containerization
- Familiarity with tools, such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Three or more years of professional web application development experience for intermediate candidates.
- Professional experience within an agile development practice.
- Professional experience within a software product or SaaS organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Master’s Degree and/or vendor certifications (such as Microsoft Certified Professional) valued.
- Please note that this role requires a satisfactory Criminal Background Check and Public Safety Verification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
Something looks off?