The Junior/Automation Specialist will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the test automation within scrum team along with manual and exploratory testing when needed.
Responsibilities and deliverables
- Write well-designed, modular, and testable code.
- Develop, improve, and extend reusable components and libraries.
- Develop well-designed, modular, and testable code.
- Identify test gaps and prioritize adding coverage based on areas of risk.
- Works under minimal direction of senior individual in the team. You are self-motivated and taking initiative is your specialty!
- Document defects in products and update resolution in the ticket management system, JIRA.
- Take ownership of test failures and ensure the CI system is reliable.
- Solve and debug automated test failures within automation project.
- Maintain knowledge of current testing approaches, tools and technologies.
- Work with engineers to define and implement mechanisms to inject testing earlier into the software development process.
- Identify and drive adoption of standard methodologies in code health, testing, testability, and maintainability.
- Other job duties as assigned.
- Reports to Team lead Quality Engineering
- Experience crafting automation scripts from existing framework and improve the framework as the need arises.
- Experience in any of testing tools Selenium, Appium, Cypress
- Experience with scripting (e.g., PowerShell) and/or programming languages (e.g., C# / Java) with proven ability to write deterministic automation scenarios
- Basic knowledge of C#, MSSQL, .NET Framework
- 2-8 yrs experience in Software development with focus on Quality Assurance in Continuous Integration, Continuous testing environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Programming/Systems or Computer Science or other related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Master’s Degree
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
With more than 1000 clients and one million users, Intelex Technologies Inc. is a global leader in Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality management software. Since 1992 its scalable, web-based platform and applications have helped clients across all industries improve business performance, mitigate organization-wide risk, and ensure sustained compliance with internationally accepted standards (e.g. ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001) and regulatory requirements. Intelex is one of Canada’s most highly awarded and fastest-growing tech companies and has been named one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture, Best Managed Companies in Canada, one of the fastest growing companies in PROFIT Magazine, as well as one of the country’s top employers by Aon Hewitt and Best Small and Medium Employers. For more information, visit www.intelex.com
Something looks off?