Associate Financial Analyst
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
You’ll be joining an energetic group of Finance professionals, we are a close and collaborative team, working together to ensure our finance operations run smoothly. We love to utilize each others’ skills to solve problems and create efficiencies, and we have fun along the way. We are looking for a driven individual who is comfortable multitasking and working in a fast-paced hybrid environment.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You will be responsible for championing financial awareness throughout the business and facilitating business operations activities to drive business growth and scaling
- Manage customer spend programs across the various sales channels. This includes managing accruals, reporting actuals, and ensuring customers are paid out for these programs
- Monitor subscription revenue streams and ensure that revenue is recognized and billed accurately in accordance with accounting standards
- Reconcile, review, and create journal entries around returns, warranty, promotional rebates, revenue, and other accounts as part of the month-end process
- Collaborate closely with Financial Operations, Sales, and Operations teams to gain an understanding of business requirements and develop tailored solutions to support executn of customer agreements as necessary
- Assist the Business Operations Manager in preparation and distribution of the internal MD&A to effectively communicate the company’s performance in relation to key metrics
- Identify opportunities to automate tasks and improve workflow efficiency
- Assist with system integration projects
- Support the external and internal audit team in their annual audit
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other data analysis tools
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience using NetSuite, Adaptive and/or UKG is a plus
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone call with a member of Talent Acquisition
- A Second round virtual interview with a couple folks from the team and
- A final one hour meeting(includes 30 mins peer to peer review and 30mins situational questions)
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.