Staff Product Manager, Ecosystem
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who You'll Be Joining
Our hive headquartered in Toronto is looking for a new Staff Product Manager to lead our partner integrations and lead ecobee’s participation in the Matter standards body! We are a team full of creative ideas with a passion to build world class products and services and drive to get things done.
You will bring your extensive knowledge and experience in platform integrations to develop and execute an ecobee-wide strategy for platform products; operating both near-term, to deliver impact almost immediately, as well as long-term, to ensure we’re putting platform thinking at the center of everything we do.
Ideally, you have worked in a product leadership role at a world-class organization (regardless of its size), leading teams that build & ship complex technical products. You’ve acted as a change agent, transforming and modernizing products and organizations to leverage 3rd party integrations to delight customers, and drive operational efficiencies.
This role is open to being 100% remote within the US and Canada although our home office is in Toronto, Ontario. You may be required to travel to Toronto, Canada once per quarter for team and/or company events.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- As a Staff Product Manager at ecobee, you will gain experience as a senior leader in a growing business
- Partner with your peers in product and business development to develop, evangelize, and execute a platform strategy for each of ecobee’s businesses
- Establish and execute a strategy for key standards, initially with Matter which governs interoperability across smart home devices
- Work closely with some of the industry’s biggest device manufacturers, platform owners, and service providers to deliver a cohesive and delightful ecobee experience within our ecosystem, and within partner ecosystems
- Lead the product discovery process by working directly with current and future customers, including, conducting interviews and research to define business requirements
- Understand the customers that use the products today, why they do so and how can we make their lives better with product innovation
- Define and execute on clear success metrics and support the team to achieve them
- Track teams’ progress on set goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
- Help the team navigate tough decisions by surfacing trade-offs and making clear, rational recommendations
What You’ll Bring to the Table:
- 5+ years of experience delivering highly successful and innovative platform strategies, partnerships, and integrations
- Deep understanding of, and experience with, standards body participation and governance
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence partner integrations to ensure a cohesive customer experience, aligned with corporate strategy
- You have a proven track record of delivering highly impactful products to customers
- You are a smart, curious, and analytical person with a bias for action
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and always seek to solve big problems
- You are customer obsessed and understand how users use your products better than anyone else
- You are a natural leader and in group settings your team looks to you for direction and decision making
- You are comfortable in a highly technical environment and can understand the nuances of technical decisions
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment
- You are passionate about making a positive impact on the planet through your work
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first round 60-minute virtual interview with the hiring manager and one other ecopeep – expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- The second round of interviews will be 4 1:1s with cross functional leaders
- Finally, you will author and present a case study to the interview panel
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make a difference for the environment: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of a office-based, fully remote, or hybrid work environment. New team members working remotely, will have all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them, and we conduct our interviews and onboarding sessions primarily through video.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.