Semiconductor Commodity Manager
Hi, we are ecobee.
ecobee introduced the world’s first smart Wi-Fi thermostat to help millions of consumers save money, conserve energy, and bring home automation into their lives. That was just the beginning. We continue our pursuit to create technology that brings peace of mind into the home and allows people to focus on the moments that matter most. We take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment, all while being part of the exciting, connected home revolution.
In 2021, ecobee became a subsidiary of Generac Power Systems. Generac introduced the first affordable backup generator and later created the category of automatic home standby generator. The company is committed to sustainable, cleaner energy products poised to revolutionize the 21st century electrical grid. Together, we take pride in making a meaningful difference to the environment.
Why we love to do what we do:
We’re helping build the world of tomorrow with solutions that improve everyday life while making a positive impact on the planet. Our products and services work in harmony to provide comfort, efficiency, and peace of mind for millions of homes and businesses. While we’re proud of what we’ve done so far, there’s still a lot we can do—and you can be part of it.
Join our extraordinary team.
We're a rapidly growing global tech company headquartered in Canada, in the heart of downtown Toronto, with a satellite office in Leeds, UK (and remote ecopeeps in the US). We get to work with some of North America and UK's leading professionals. Our colleagues are proud to bring their authentic selves to work, confident that what we do is grounded in a greater purpose. We’re always looking for curious, talented, and passionate people to join our team.
Who’ll You Be Joining:
We are looking for a Global Commodity Manager - Semiconductors to join our Manufacturing and Supply Chain Team. This role will be ideal for candidates near our Toronto office with an ability to work hybrid.
How You'll Make an Impact:
- Lead the development, implementation, and management of global commodity strategies focused on providing optimal supply assurance, ESG adherence, pricing, flexibility, quality, and delivery performance of components used in the manufacturing of our products
- Research, identify, and analyze current and emerging market and commodity trends, developing and maintaining subject matter expertise on competitive benchmarking, technology roadmaps, and design guidance
- Negotiate supplier agreements and contracts including but not limited to purchasing terms and conditions, long term supply agreements, supply flexibility, code of conduct, and cost
- Build and leverage strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers to ensure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met
- Develop and gain internal stakeholder support for a preferred supplier strategy
- Quote and negotiate all products and services related to designated commodities
- Responsible for supplier development including scorecard-based performance assessment and recognition, structured and regular business reviews, and long-term partnership strategies
- Escalation point for supplier quality, performance and delivery issues
- Participate in special projects and initiatives as required by leadership
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 5+ years in Commodity Management, preferably with experience in high volume electronics manufacturing working directly with global contract manufacturers and component suppliers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering; consideration will be given for an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Broad knowledge and subject matter expertise of the marketplace conditions for semiconductor components including industry pricing, technology, supplier knowledge, and supply/demand trends
- Understanding of wafer fab, and component assembly, and test processes
- Working knowledge of purchasing principles, and procedures, and supply chain management challenges and practices
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Ability to consolidate, manipulate and analyze large quantities of data
- Ability to evaluate, prioritize and work a variety of tasks to ensure their timely and accurate completion
- Familiarity with RBA/RMI policies and procedures
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone call with a member of Talent Acquisition
- A first-round virtual interview with a couple folks from the team– expect technical, behavioural and situational questions
- If your first round interview goes well, you can expect a small case study extension which we will give you time to prepare before the final presentation
- Lastly another video interview or you have the option of coming into the office to present. For this interview you will have 30 minutes to present your Case Study solution followed by questions from the team and time for you to ask closing questions as well
With ecobee, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Be part of something big: Get to work in a fresh, dynamic, and ever-growing industry.
- Make an environmental difference: Make a sustainable impact while on your daily job, and after it through programs like ecobee acts.
- Expand your career: Learn with our in-house learning enablement team, and enjoy our generous professional learning budget.
- Put people first: Benefit from competitive salaries, health benefits, and a progressive Parental Top-Up Program (75% top-up or five bonus days off).
- Play a part on an exceptional culture: Enjoy a fun and casual workplace with an open concept office, located at Corus Quay. ecobee Leeds is based at our riverside office on the Calls.
- Celebrate diversity: Be part of a truly welcoming workplace. We offer a mentorship program and bias training.
Are you interested? Let's make it work.
Our people are empowered to take ownership of their schedules with workflows that allow for flexible hours. Based on your job, you have an option of office, hybrid or fully remote work. It is our top priority to keep employees safe. As we continue to take measures to keep employees safe in our offices, we have adopted a mandatory vaccine policy to be present in the physical Toronto office or other ecobee sponsored events in Ontario as of November 1, 2021. As such, to be in our office, it is required to acknowledge a formal attestation and submit accompanying proof of vaccination status. For the foreseeable future, we will be conducting our interviews and onboarding sessions through video. New team members will also be starting remotely, with all necessary equipment provided and shipped to them.
We’re committed to inclusion and accommodation.
ecobee believes that openness and diversity make us better. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply regardless of race, gender, age, religion, identity, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Accommodations can be made upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Our recruitment team is happy to answer any questions candidates may have about virtual interviewing, onboarding, and future work locations.
We’re up to incredible things. Come and be part of them.
Discover our products and services and learn more about who we are.
Ready to join ecobee? View current openings.
Please note, ecobee does not accept unsolicited resumes.
Something looks off?