Senior NPI Engineer - Data Science & AI
Senior NPI Engineer – Data Science & AI
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT: https://www.theapplicantmanager.com/jobs?pos=e0136&fs=1.0em
eCAMION Inc. is a Toronto-based all-in-one solution provider of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and Electric Vehicle Fast Charging (EVFC). Using its patented battery & power/energy management technologies, eCAMION has been delivering successful projects over a wide range of industries, including community energy storage, electric vehicle charging infrastructure and microgrid development. It has also partnered with corporate and legislative entities across multiple territories to solve the modern challenges of energy storage and distribution. eCAMION prides itself on coming up with innovative answers via its flexible, practical and efficient turnkey solutions to address not only problems in the present but also those foreseen in the future.
eCAMION has maintained a good balance between technology development and project delivery as well as a series of vertically integrated business areas. Its business areas cover battery & EV Charger equipment design & manufacturing, energy & power management intelligence as well as network integration – all for the same goal of generating a turnkey solution to address the client’s both immediate and long-term needs.
Our Website: https://www.julepower.com/
What it feels like to work at eCAMION
eCAMION has maintained its flat management structure and start-up culture, despite its steady growth in the industry for the past ten years. You will be working in high-performing fast-paced project groups under the coordination of our Director of Middleware.
What areas you will be working on
This position will be focusing on the development, deployment, and continuous improvement of AI solutions on embedded systems, edge computing hardware, and off-premises computing.
- End-to-End AI module development: architecture, selection of methodology, model training, anomaly analysis
- AI module deployment: prepare and deploy AI modules in a variety environment: ICS, Embedded Controller, Edge Computing platform and remote servers.
- Assist the design, prototyping and validation of AI on embedded, edge, and off-premises hardware.
- Participate in Code Review (CoR), Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT), Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) and User Acceptance Tests (UAT)
- Analyse equipment performance data to formulate potential areas for AI applications in anomaly detection, performance validation, etc.
- Identify transfer learning opportunities and new training datasets.
- Build upon current data ingest and data transformation infrastructure.
- Build AI models and present the results to managers and stakeholders.
- Deploy AI models into production on embedded, edge, and off-premises hardware.
- Use AI analysis to make strategy recommendations that align with company goals.
You will also be responsible for the following:
- Document all technical details of your design work.
- Prepare User Operation Manual and User Training for a new deployment.
- Make design progress reports, summaries of test results and site work completion records.
- Advice the management on technological strategies relevant to your expertise
- Possibly lead and mentor junior developers and interns
- Assist with special projects as required.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer (Software) Engineering, Computer Science or Data Science
- You have 4 years or experience as an AI developer/engineer or similar role (including research).
- You have a deep understanding of data science, linear algebra, algorithms, and statistics.
- You are proficient with multiple programming languages, including C/C++, Python, Go, etc.
- You are proficient with relational databases, including MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- You have experience working with Large Language Models (LLM) such as OpenAI, LLaMA, etc.
- You are familiar with and have hands on experiences in machine learning and Generative Networks
- You are familiar with various AI deployment environments – ARM/RISC-V, CUDA, Industrial PC, cloud computing platforms.
- You are a team player who likes to overcome engineering challenges with others and open to feedback.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.) and Git
- You have good software commenting, documentation and version control habits.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to collaborate cross-functionally with different teams.
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- You have a postgraduate degree in the field of Data Science, Machine Learning or Artificial Intelligence
- You are registered, or able to register, with PEO as an EIT
- You have a general knowledge on Energy Systems, Electric Vehicle (EV) and EV-associated infrastructure.
- You have previous experiences on Linux OS – RT Extension, POSIX or PLC-programming (IEC 61131-3, esp. structured text)
- You have experience with cloud computing environments.
- You have experience in embedded system design & validation.
- A valid Ontario “G” Class Driver’s License.