Dream Payments is a next generation mobile payment solution provider that enables merchants of all sizes to streamline payment processing anytime, anywhere while improving their customer’s experience. Our cloud-based payment platform combined with a low-cost mobile point of sale device provides the most cost effective, low risk and flexible end-to-end mobile payment solution. Dream Payments partners with industry leading enterprises to provide secure and robust payment processing solutions to their customers.
We custom develop the entire payments solution, from terminal hardware, mobile point of sale applications, web portal applications, to back office services, all in-house. As part of the Dream Payments technical team, you will have the opportunity to experience the breadth of technologies that make up the DNA of our patented platform, which includes the latest enterprise technologies from vendors such as Amazon, IBM, VMWare, Apple, Android, and Microsoft.
Dream Payments is expanding and looking to add to its Customer Success team with a driven Solutions Engineer. The role will focus on solutioning and designing modernized inbound and outbound payments solutions for various financial industries and retail ecommerce.
Key Working Relationships:
- Business & Technical: assist in communicating scope, strategy, and payment certification requirements.
- Testing team: ensure the requirements are consistent, complete, unambiguous and testable, develop traceability matrix and coordinate with testing team for functional validation.
Experience and Assets:
- Hands-on experience in developing multi-tier web applications using Java, Golang, J2EE, MVC, JDBC, Servlets, JSP, HTML, JQuery, AngularJS, JSON and XML.
- Good understanding with hands on experience in designing SOA and RESTFul APIs.
- Good understanding with hands on experience in designing serverless applications.
- Strong knowledge of server-side design patterns and continuous delivery principles.
- Strong knowledge or certification in AWS Cloud technologies
- Strong understanding of object-oriented designs, micro-services, non-reputability, idempotency, multi-threading, caching concepts.
- Experience with Web Services framework using popular web application containers and dockers.
- Knowledge of Relational database such as DB2, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to cloud computing is a plus, especially with Amazon Web Services. Experience or familiarity with AWS technologies like S3, DynamoDB, SQS, Lambda is a definite asset.
Professional Skills and Assets:
- University Degree and/or equivalent preferred in Engineering or Computer Systems.
- Knowledge of financial services area and payment technology (debit and/or credit).
- Knowledge of chip contact and contactless card payments processing (EMV) is preferred.
- Knowledge of the payment eco-system: Point of Sale devices, banking machines (ABMs), eCommerce, Card Not Present, and various host systems (Acquirer and Issuer).
- Good grasp of Settlement and Reconciliation systems for POS and ABMs.
- Knowledge of Canadian Payments Association (CPA) Settlement streams (AFT, LVTS, etc.).
- Knowledge of ISO 8583 standard is preferred.
- Knowledge of SPDH/Base24 standard is preferred.
- Working experience with various SDLC methods like iterative or traditional waterfall.
- Familiar with Agile, Scrum, Iterative and Waterfall Development and project methodologies.
- Ability to articulate verbal and written design concepts leveraging a variety of design tools such as UML, process flow diagrams, swim lane diagrams, class diagrams, etc. to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
- Ability to architect and design solutions.
- Planning capability to manage the deliverables.
- Strong knowledge of the development process for both large-scale distributed and centralized software applications.
- Strong knowledge of the Development Lifecycle.
- Good understanding of Requirements Planning, Elicitation, Analysis, Documentation & Management best practices.
- Good facilitation skills and an ability to influence others on the best approach to take and drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to engineer APIs and their performance, specifically in RESTFul, as well as WSDL 2.0.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dream Payments is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and strive to create an inclusive and supportive work environment for all employees. We welcome applications from people with disabilities – accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.