Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Diversio is the first diversity workforce platform using artificial intelligence to help companies like Disney, Paramount, Unilever, Microsoft, American Express, and Ceridian advance diversity, inclusion, and equity through the power of award-winning software and data. Founded on integrity, accuracy, and a desire to have companies work towards a more inclusive, safe, and efficient workforce, the Diversio platform is the gold standard for inclusion, surfacing critical data, insights, and tools to mobilize teams around diversity and inclusion efforts. We are leaders in the industry that are using technology to build a product that can help solve and measure real-world problems.
A career with Diversio is an opportunity to work with incredibly smart humans, build a category, and make meaningful contributions toward building a truly inclusive workplace, everywhere. It is a chance to join a rapidly growing company that has been recognized by Fast Company as a “World Changing Idea in Data and AI.” Diversio is a fast-growing start-up that is backed by top-tier investors, First Round Capital and Golden Ventures, and is looking for someone who is excited to make meaningful change in the world through technology and grow their career at a hyper-growth company.
About the Role:
The DEI Trainer contractor will collaborate closely with Diversio’s EDU team to deliver specialized DEI training courses to external clients, partners, and organizations. This role plays a pivotal part in ensuring the dissemination of Diversio’s DEI expertise and fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion in various contexts.
What you will do:
- Conduct engaging and informative training sessions (90-120 minutes in length) based on Diversio’s DEI course content (virtually over Zoom, and/ or in person).
- Customize training delivery to meet the specific needs and goals of external clients and audiences.
- Collaborate with Diversio and clients to understand and address their DEI training requirements.
- Ensure client satisfaction by delivering high-quality, impactful training experiences.
- Engage clients in meaningful DEI discussions using Diversio’s course materials.
- Encourage open dialogue and collaboration on DEI topics within client organizations.
- Collaborate with Diversio to refine and enhance training materials and methodologies based on feedback and results.
- Stay informed about the latest developments and best practices in the field of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ensure training content aligns with industry standards and evolves with changing DEI landscapes.
You will likely* have:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (e.g., sociology, psychology, human resources).
- Excellent communication and facilitation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to foster inclusivity.
- Certification in DEI, change management, or a related area is a plus!
- Proven experience in delivering DEI training programs for large audiences, both virtually and in person.
- Strong understanding of DEI concepts, cultural competency, and relevant legislation.
- Ability to adapt Diversio’s training content to diverse audiences and learning styles.
- Competitive fee per training
- One-year contract, with an opportunity for extension
- Please submit your resume, cover letter, sample video demonstrating your training and facilitation style, and any relevant certifications
What you can expect from us:
A Commitment to growth, we care about people's personal and professional growth. With a rapidly growing team, we offer both formal and informal mentorship opportunities because we want the team to grow with us. Wellness isn’t just a check box for us, we walk the walk internally by implementing Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging initiatives that are driven by feedback from the team. We offer competitive compensation, flexible working hours, and unlimited time off. Diversio is a remote-first organization with a thoughtfully crafted culture that prioritizes opportunities for connection.
We strive to build a culture of not only listening and acting but making ourselves available and accessible. Diversio’s team is built up of people who are hard-working, dedicated, and fun to work with. Come see for yourself!
Belonging & accommodation:
Diversio is looking for all kinds of people to join our team and is committed to bringing in a bright talented pool of diverse people. We strive to build a balanced, inclusive, and equitable workforce that celebrates and respects your identity. We value differences and encourage people to apply, especially those who may be underrepresented in the tech community. If you require accommodation please connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Studies have found that men will apply to jobs if they believe they meet 60% of the criteria, while women apply if they feel they meet 100% of them. Some of our best team members come from non-traditional backgrounds, so if you don’t meet these criteria but think you’d be a great fit – please reach out!