Senior Software Developer, Back-End
Your role as a Senior Software Developer, Back-End at Dialogue:
Reporting to one of our Engineering Directors, the mission of the Senior Software Developer, Back-End is to empower Dialogue buyers to provide better health outcomes and achieve a stronger bottom line by creating best-in-class tools to supervise a delightful Integrated Health experience.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building, improving, and operating mission-critical applications and HTTP services as part of the Client Experience team;
- Identifying, refining, and prioritizing work items by business value in collaboration with the product manager;
- Writing and participating in the elaboration of technical design documents to align the team on clear solutions;
- Writing accurate, readable, testable code and maintainable test suites which set a good example for other engineers;
- Improving the skills and effectiveness of other engineers through code review, documentation, and direct guidance;
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- You have 5 or more years of experience with distributed systems, API design, relational modeling, or DB administration.
- You have a track record of architecting, organizing, and shipping significant software initiatives.
- You reason about data structures and algorithms, and you apply them in order to build robust, scalable systems.
- You break down systems and product development work into incremental changes and consistently deliver value.
- You communicate clearly and effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues, in a variety of contexts.
- Proficiency with Python, databases, and cloud infrastructure is required.
- Proficiency in PostgreSQL and AWS services is an asset.
- Any level of experience with web application development, particularly with React, is an asset.
At Dialogue, your well-being is our priority
Taking care of others also means taking care of our team. We’ve got you covered!
- A fully funded benefits plan, including a wellness reimbursement program
- Unlimited access to a variety of Dialogue’s programs for you and your immediate family
- 4 weeks of vacation, 9 wellness days and 1 paid volunteer day
- A hybrid work approach that involves 3 days per week in our beautiful Montreal or Toronto offices
- Access to a custom learning program, including an allocated budget for continuous external training
- Short and long-term incentive plans
- An optional parental benefits program
Dialogue is the #1 virtual care provider in Canada. By developing our Integrated Health Platform🅫, we provide exceptional online health and wellness programs (primary care, mental health, iCBT, EAP, and wellness) to organizations that want to improve the wellness of their employees and families.
When it comes to our work, we set the bar high. Together, we’re transforming health and helping millions improve their well-being. We’re firm believers that great people don’t settle on:
Feel like you can make a difference? Good news, we saved you a seat!
Come as you are. As a proud equal opportunity employer, Dialogue is dedicated to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. Qualified applicants will be considered regardless of citizenship, ethnicity, race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, age, or veteran status. Applicants who require specialized accommodation are encouraged to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.