Your role as Manager, Strategy
Reporting to David Schacter, Senior Director, Strategic Innovation, the Manager, Strategy will be focused on developing and evaluating strategic growth opportunities for Dialogue. In this role, you will have the opportunity to flex your analytical and creative muscles as you evaluate new services for our platform, to work cross-functionally on developing Dialogue’s corporate strategy, and to develop new tools and processes to help the Strategy team and Dialogue reach our goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Leading a robust and comprehensive process to identify and evaluate new services and innovation opportunities, including conducting market/competitive research, analyzing market size and growth trends, interviewing clients and users to assess needs, and building financial projections
- Managing our full pipeline of opportunities on an ongoing basis to ensure our leadership team has a holistic picture of opportunity sizes and key tradeoffs
- Shaping Dialogue’s strategic direction by developing and presenting comprehensive business cases that enable our leadership team to make key strategic decisions
- Supporting the continuous development of Dialogue’s corporate strategy by collaborating with cross-functional teams to assess our business portfolio during the annual strategic planning process
- Managing key projects, tasks and initiatives to support Dialogue’s leadership team and Board of Directors, such as development of presentations or competitive case studies
- Leading the creation of monthly Strategic updates for internal stakeholders
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 2+ years experience in corporate strategy, management consulting, or other strategic roles
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to synthesize and present complex information clearly and concisely
- Strong conceptual problem-solving skills with the ability to build strategic frameworks
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to build financial models and analyze unit economics
- An ability to thrive in an unstructured, constantly evolving and fast-growing environment
- Demonstrated penchant for building relationships, inspiring others and leading colleagues by influence
- Humility, curiosity, and an eagerness to learn
Please note that as we serve customers across Canada, bilingualism is essential for this position. You may be required to communicate in French and English.
At Dialogue, your well-being is our priority
Taking care of others also means taking care of our team. We’ve got you covered!
- A fully funded benefits plan, including a wellness reimbursement program
- Unlimited access to a variety of Dialogue’s programs for you and your immediate family
- 4 weeks of vacation, 9 wellness days and 1 paid volunteer day
- A hybrid work approach that involves 3 days per week in our beautiful Montreal or Toronto offices
- Access to a custom learning program, including an allocated budget for continuous external training
- Short and long-term incentive plans
- An optional parental benefits program
Dialogue is the #1 virtual care provider in Canada. By developing our Integrated Health Platform🅫, we provide exceptional online health and wellness programs (primary care, mental health, iCBT, EAP, and wellness) to organizations that want to improve the wellness of their employees and families.
When it comes to our work, we set the bar high. Together, we’re transforming health and helping millions improve their well-being. We’re firm believers that great people don’t settle on:
Feel like you can make a difference? Good news, we saved you a seat!