Communications Coordinator (summer position)
Posting End Date: February 28, 2023
Who We Are
At Delphic Research, we are on a mission to disrupt the business of government affairs. We are building an on-demand knowledge service that acquires, tracks, analyzes, and transforms large-scale information sets into bespoke, actionable insights for government affairs professionals.
If you have been searching for an opportunity to bring new thinking and technology to challenge the status quo, Delphic Research is the organization for you.
Learn more about us at www.delphicresearch.ca
About the Role
We are searching for a curious, entrepreneurial Communications Coordinator (summer position). This position will support the Public Affairs & Marcomms work of Delphic Research, elevating the profile of the organization by showcasing our team’s initiatives through a variety of external channels.
The successful applicant will have the opportunity to grow and learn a variety of business, communications, and entrepreneurial skills by helping execute our communications strategies, including through owned-channels and via media and public relations strategies, providing insights on communications-related analytics, and developing marketing collateral.
Delphic Research's summer positions are also intended to maximize career learning opportunities for post-secondary students and recent graduates. The successful applicant will join a team of curious individuals, participating in group discussions, workshops, and assigned readings to expand the breadth of their knowledge. The participants will also develop skills with cloud-based team collaboration technology, project-based collaboration, and team communication imperatives and methods. Each position will involve a capstone project, presented at the end of the summer.
35 hours per week for 16 weeks (May 8 – August 25)
• Participate in the promotion and communications related to our Delphic brand in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: planning, coordination, and project delivery;
• Monitor communications and marketing-related analytics;
• Support day-to-day marketing activities;
• Coordinate and produce marketing collateral as required;
• Assist with writing proposals and presentations for prospective clients;
• Support the team to engage with clients to determine project objectives, conduct strategic analyses, gather input, and to make recommendations to leadership;
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
Preference given to those currently enrolled in, or recently graduated from, an undergraduate program.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• Proficiency in social media strategy and management tools.
• Experience preparing external written communications (e.g. press releases);
• A basic understanding of online and social advertising;
• A basic understanding of developing digital and/or marketing strategies;
• A basic understanding of Canadian politics;
• Experience in delivering presentations and facilitating engaging conversations;
• Knowledge/background of social listening tools and strategies.
Core Competencies to be Successful
• Enthusiasm and desire to ‘jump-in’ to support the team;
• Maturity and professionalism;
• Intellectual curiosity with evidence of problem-solving capabilities;
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently;
• Having a critical eye for the aesthetic of written documentation and visual content.
Application Documents Required
• Statement of Interest including introduction of yourself (within 500 words)
How to Apply
E-mail application documents to email@example.com, stating in the subject “Application - Communications Coordinator (Summer)”.
Interviews will take place during the month of March.
$17 per hour
Summer Job Experience
Delphic Research is an interdisciplinary team with a wide range of knowledge and experience that continues to provide immense value to our collective learning and direction. As entrepreneurs, we recognize that many of the greatest innovations come from a wide range of perspectives, challenging the status quo and providing opportunities to explore new ideas.
Diversity is part of our DNA at Delphic Research. Regardless of race, color, religion, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, we embrace candidates who believe in striving for excellence in all their endeavours and provide unique insights to our creative team.
Something looks off?